Job Description:Position overview:|
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will work in the
supply chain operations group under the guidance of a
manager, and will be responsible for the qualification
of mechanical component tooling and manufacturing
processes at third party sites, including qualifications
of domestic suppliers, transfer of existing supply to
vendors in the far east, and process improvement efforts
aimed at cost reduction and quality improvement.
The Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of
manufacturing process development/improvement
experience, as well as the ability to scope, budget, and
lead process qualification/improvement projects at third
party manufacturing sites both stateside and abroad. A
six sigma certification with real project experience is
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (Listed in order of
coordinate the execution of the validation/qualification
- Generate validation/qualification protocols,
protocols and write validation/qualification final
procedures and provide training for the procedures.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, document the
opportunities within a regulated manufacturing
- Identify, justify, and implement process improvement
- Design and coordinate the construction manufacturing
and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Participate on teams responsible for the procurement
design for manufacture.
- Participate in product design reviews with emphasis on
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Education
manufacturing/industrial, Plastics) preferred.
- Bachelors degree + in Engineering (Mechanical,
environment (preferably metal stamping or injection
- 4 years (minimum) experience in a manufacturing
molding/value added assembly operations).
Skills / Competencies
production, including the authoring and oversight of
- Ability to manage Supply Chain projects concept to
IQ/OQ/PQ protocols for component manufacturing
processes and secondary operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Solidworks / Pro-E
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Office
- Ability to travel domestically/Internationally – 30%
- Six Sigma Process Improvement
Division/Department : Insulet Corporation