Pentair is 30,000 employees strong. We work around the globe to deliver industry leading products, services and solutions for our customers’ diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection. Our inventive thinking, collaborative spirit, disciplined work ethic and breadth of experts allows us to deliver inspired solutions for a changing world. Through our capabilities as a company, our innovative products and our Win Right values, we have the opportunity to define a clear and compelling role for Pentair in the global community.
Pentair’s Flow Technologies GBU is a leading provider of residential water pumps, irrigation and crop spray equipment, and marine and specialty pumps and accessories. Key markets include residential end users, waste water dealers and distributors, and agricultural irrigation, and crop protection industries. It also provides specialty application water management products for recreational vehicles (RV), marine, and mobile fire markets. Flow Technologies brands include STA-RITE, Myers, Hydromatic, Flotec, Water Ace, Berkeley, Aermotor, Simer, Hypro, FoamPro, SHURflo, Onga, Nocchi and JUNG.
Plans, directs, and coordinates Machining manufacturing processes at site. Utilizes project management skills to implement new operational processes and equipment. Assists the business unit in meeting its strategic goals. Leads and supports kaizen events, Lean work cell design, standard product design revisions, cost improvement projects, capital expenditure projects and supply chain initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Develops complete project plans including resources, costs, benefits and schedules. Assumes full responsibility for all aspects of projects to ensure goals are met on time. Communicates project status to stakeholders as appropriate and follows up to ensure project results are sustained.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts. Evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Works as part of a cross-functional group to implement lean principles. Leads and facilitates lean activities as needed.
- Prepares and maintains manufacturing documentation (Routers, OMS’s, and MI’s) for new and existing products in manufacturing.
- Prepares documentation using Excel, CAD packages, Word, and digital photography.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies problem solving techniques to resolve both customer and internal quality issues for manufactured products.-Understands and applies the necessary programming skills related to various types of equipment.
- Stays informed on current technologies and lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fact-based problem solving
- Analyzes situations and problems
- Uses sound judgment
- Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing
- Effectively negotiates when necessary
- Develops systems and processes
- Capacity for learning
- Adaptability to change and ambiguity
- Persists in the face of difficulties
- Drives for resultMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering program or 5-7 yrs. of relevant advanced experience supporting a complex manufacturing facility and machining processes desired. - CNC Machine programming and experience in a Lean environment desired.- Exposure to high volume production a plus. - Proven track record of efficiency improvements, quality improvements and project management- Proficiency in Word, Excel along with experience in an ERP system such as SAP would be advantageous.
Pentair Inc. - 18 months ago