MapR is experiencing an explosive growth and is recognized as the premier Hadoop Distribution by delivering on the promise of an enterprise grade Big Data platform. MapR supports a broad set of mission critical and real time production uses by improving on the core Hadoop distribution.
The Cool Stuff:
The stuff you'll need to succeed:
- Be part of the mission to enable the next generation of the MapR platform.
- Work in small groups of extremely talented and dedicated individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement differentiated production-grade features like security, high availability and multi-tenancy.
- Build the next generation resource and workload management, scheduling and administration capabilities with YARN.
- Improve performance of MR1, MR2 and YARN for real-time customer use-cases across 1000s of nodes and petabytes of data
- Build a product that wins against head-to-head competition with other Hadoop distributions.
- Location: San Jose, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley
The stuff that would be nice to have:
- Passionate about learning new technology, take pride in code quality and a self-starter
- Strong Java background building enterprise-grade systems software
- Experience building and delivering multi-threaded scalable and distributed systems
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills and ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks.
About MapR Technologies:
- Experience with scalable systems design and implementation
- Familiarity with Apache Hadoop HBase or other open source projects
- BS or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
MapR Technologies provides the leading distribution for Hadoop. MapR’s Hadoop stack combines optimized versions of open source technologies including Apache HBase, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce, an enterprise-grade NoSQL solution in M7, a powerful data management layer and enterprise reliability features to power companies’ Big Data analytical needs. Founded in 2009, MapR is well funded by leading VCs, already has substantial revenue and carries an enviable customer base that includes leading Fortune 100 companies as well as top technology companies.
MapR is an equal opportunity employer.
MapR Technologies, the leader in next generation big data analytics technology was founded in 2009. MapR expands Hadoop capabilities to...