The Market Analyst will track and analyze established & disruptive companies and market trends in the information industry focusing on those vendors who serve librarians in corporations, academic institutions and government entities. Discovering, analyzing and reporting on vendors in the enterprise aggregation and syndication segment are key to Outsell’s strategy in serving information management executives. The Market Analyst will be part of a team committed to delivering top-notch best practices, research and analysis to deliver a superior client care experience.
- Conduct research and vendor briefing interviews to develop, track, and enhance Outsell’s company database of all publishers and information companies, specifically those with a focus on content buyers and the enterprise aggregation and syndication segment. Estimate the revenue, business model, and key metrics, and share of these companies.
- Write segment and sub-segment market, size, share and forecast reports based on data analysis, primary and secondary research methodologies, interviews with vendors and customers, tracking and analysis of industry trends, emerging strategies, and technologies.
- Lead and support research projects that include primary and secondary research, hypothesis testing, survey design and turn into best practice research for information management executives. Ability to identify key client and market issues and concisely distill into best practices and solutions.
- Deliver customized insights and solutions to information management executives by mapping client needs to syndicated research, or through custom support.
- Key player in supporting revenue goals and business development activities, own a pool of clients to ensure client satisfaction and retention. Liaise with Client Services and lead analysts to identify lead generation for up/cross sell opportunities and new business that is handed off to sales architects.
- Support building analyst team best practices and processes and contribute regularly and collaboratively to colleagues’ research projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4+ years as market, business, competitive or investment analyst position or support position.
- Bachelor's required; Master's degree preferred in marketing, finance or business
- Ability to evaluate markets and track and analyze companies.
- Experience in enterprise content management, information services and knowledge of library market and vendors is a plus.
- Conduct poised and knowledgeable briefings with industry executives that build Outsell’s industry knowledge and represent Outsell professionally and do credit to the firm’s reputation in the industry.
- Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and a strong analytical rigor, both qualitatively and quantitatively, are critical.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and organizational skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic.
- Ability to produce written, graphic and visually intensive research reports and analysis and make strong recommendations and conclusions to senior management.
- Must be able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, to manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, and deliver finished work on time.
- Candidate must be team-oriented, flexible, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a firm whose team is largely based in home-office environments.
- Excellent writing and research skills are critical, as are outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a " wow ” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.