The Market Analyst will track and analyze established and disruptive companies and market trends in the information industry and serve on a team committed to delivering top-notch research, analysis and client care to satisfied clients.
The scope of this position includes two important dimensions. First, it will focus on covering trends, developments and company activities within the legal and regulatory information industry, including legal publishing, law practice workflow tools / technologies, and continuing legal education products and services. Second, this position will complete written analyses, conduct company and industry interviews, monitor industry developments, completed secondary research, support custom projects and provide support to Outsell clients and focus on and cover technology disruption in the legal services space overall.
- Conduct research and company interviews to develop, track, and enhance Outsell’s company database of legal and regulatory information companies. Estimate the revenue, business model, key metrics, market share and other key indicators of these companies.
- Support and execute research projects and write segment and sub-segment market, size, share and forecast reports based on data analysis, primary and secondary research methodologies, personal interviews with vendors and customers, tracking and analysis of industry trends, emerging strategies, and technologies.
- Understand team revenue goals and support business development activities including client satisfaction and retention. Liaise with Outsell’s Client Services, lead analysts and consultants to identify new business opportunities..
- Ensure all dialog with clients is logged into Outsell’s contact management (CRM) system.
- Support building analytical best practices and processes and contribute regularly and collaboratively to colleagues’ research projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4+ years as market / industry, business, competitive or investment analyst position or support position.
- Bachelor's degree required; JD degree or Master's degree in marketing (finance or business) preferred.
- Ability to evaluate markets and track and analyze companies.
- Conduct poised and knowledgeable briefings with industry executives that build Outsell’s industry knowledge and represent Outsell professionally and do credit to the firm’s reputation in the industry.
- Experience with and knowledge of the changes in the law practice and the structure of the legal industry; generational differences in legal information users; the integration of official and public domain content with proprietary information services; and the legal information industry’s financials.
- Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and a strong analytical rigor are also essential.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and organizational skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic.
- Ability to produce written, graphic and visually intensive research reports and analysis and make strong recommendations and conclusions to senior management.
- Must be able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, meet deadlines, manage personal time successfully, and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, to manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, and deliver finished work on time.
- Candidate must be team-oriented, flexible, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a firm whose team is largely based in home-office environments.
- Excellent writing and research skills are critical, as are outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a " wow ” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
Outsell, Inc. - 11 months ago