Position: Market Development Director - Government Job Code: 5480
Location: GOJO Plaza - Akron, Ohio
- Full Time
- Work Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- No direct reports initially
- 50% travel required
- Position located at GOJO Plaza in Akron, OH
Researches, plans and implements new government market programs and market entry adopting a prototype, refine, validate and scale up approach driving toward market leadership through market intimacy and innovation.
- Portfolio of opportunities based on good research and analysis
- Sales and profit growth
- Entrepreneurial implementation
- Early adopter market position
- Innovative programs
- Step change market position
- Uses market research to create deep intimacy with specialized market needs.
- Identifies the players—customers, distributors, potential partners, influencers.
- Builds relationships with key market influencers, e.g., early adopter customers, customer buying centers, thought leaders, etc.
- Understands and uses the value stream to get product sold and orders fulfilled, looking beyond old models.
- Conducts solid analysis of the opportunity and risks.
- Generates innovative approaches.
- Choose smart strategies that include clear positioning, smart pricing, competitive advantage.
- Finds creative paths of Iow resistance for implementation.
- Creates executable plans.
- Teams with Research and Development and Marketing to create new products and programs.
- Develops early stage of the market and makes recommendations and plans for expansion.
- Finds outside resources when needed.
- Prototypes, refines, validates.
- Initiates sales effort.
- Enlists the help of Government team members, Business Segment team leaders to help develop the market.
Keeping the big picture in mind while working in the details; segmenting markets to better understand needs;
working with various marketing and sales groups to insure alignment and consistent messaging; focusing
on low-lying fruit and opportunities yielding significant competitive advantage; using street-smart guerilla
tactics; finding and exploring the knowledge held by others; identifying market-specific nuances and hooks;
knowing what's working and when and where to push through first hand touch; constantly tinkering and learning
along the way; applying metaphors from other businesses as models; managing budget ; creating and communicating
market positioning; training and development of direct reports; sourcing talent; adherence to GOJO policies, processes
Education and Experience Required
Additional General/Technical Skills Required
- BA/BS required with five (5) to seven (7) years’ industry related sales and/or marketing experience to the various agencies/branches of the US government, and/or military experience.
- MA/MBA preferred, with at least three (3) years’ experience in sales and/or marketing to the various agencies/branches of the US government, and/or military experience.
Apply for this position Return to Job Listings
- Experience selling to the government branches and agencies, and/or military experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Financial analysis
- Market research and research methodologies
- Market Economics
- Sales and Marketing – knowledge of principles and methods involved in promoting and selling products or services. This includes marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and sales techniques.
- Administration and Management -- knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques and manufacturing processes
- Effective, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Idea Generation – Generating a number of different approaches to problems
- Visioning --- Developing an image of how a system should work under ideal conditions
- Judgment – Weighing the relative costs and benefits of a potential action
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches
Send position to a friend
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Employer M/F/D/V. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes sent electronically for positions that are not listed below.
GOJO Industries - 20 months ago
GOJO Industries wants to go where other forms of good hygiene haven't. The company makes hand cleaners for professional and consumer...