Illumina is at the heart of the genomics revolution, partnering and providing enabling technologies that not only drive new possibilities in healthcare but capture the imagination of the public, as demonstrated in mainstream consumer media coverage by the NBC Today Show and The Guardian, as well as news magazines and health resources. This unique and exciting role as Market Development Manager, Consumer Genomics will center on managing the international consumer genomics market as well as overseeing macro key account management with foremost direct-to-consumer (DTC) genomics companies such as 23andMe, Ancestry.com, National Geographic Society, Family Tree DNA and other emerging DTC companies. Commercial will provide a resource to handle daily backlog, shipment, and local technical support.
• Market Development. Write and execute a strategic market development plan to maintain 95%+ market share of the DTC genomics market. Provide regular feedback to senior management about marketplace, potential new opportunities and competitor activity. Help identify and report in on requirements for new products and services to anticipate and inspire future market needs and opportunities.
• DTC Customer Development. Write and execute a strategic sales plan to exceed revenue targets by growing current base, and identify and attracting new DTC customers. Identify and manage high-caliber sales opportunities through professional screening processes and use of all available information resources. Manage the entire sales process including preparing and presenting compelling customer sales presentations through price negotiations and contracting. Develop high-value, long-term accounts through relationship building sales techniques. Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
• Outbound Marketing Programs. As a part of a cross functional commercial team, contribute to the design and implementation of a consumer focused marketing campaign, including web design, educational content, and building brand awareness for Illumina in the consumer markets.
• Strategic Customer Service. As their primary point-of-contact, provide exceptional customer service to our key DTC partner companies. Liaise with in-house project management to provide updates on collaborative projects and product development/design activities.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position, however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences
• Training in sales process
• MBA a plus
Preferred Experiential Background:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in genomics product sales or marketing including well-developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the customer organization.
• Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics is required
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining focus and strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
• Proven track record growing specific, targeted markets
• Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Detail- and service-oriented individual
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM tools
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...