POSITION: Market Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures,
substations and related products used in electricity
transmission has an immediate opening for a Market
Development Manager for the company’s Midwest region.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing,
the Market Development Manager will be responsible for
the activities of assigned sales representatives,
alliance partner relationship management, RFQ
management, new customer development, backlog accuracy
and fulfillment, and all other aspects of customer
· Own the annual sales of all products for the region,
from initial customer contact through payment collection
and next order. Understand the revenue streams and
probable responses based on changes in price, lead time,
or product changes.
· Manage the alliance customer contracts and
relationships. Identify key prospects for alliance or
blanket relationships in the region and engage the
division appropriately to win those alliances.
· Approve space reservations for alliance customers and
set up processes and timelines for defining the
· Demonstrate value added to alliance customers;
maintain and grow a favorable position to keep
competition at bay.
· Quote jobs for non-aligned customers and work
effectively with other division functions to form the
bid response. Develop winning tactics for projects
through innovative engineering, scheduling, and cost
management. Through contract administration see projects
through to successful completion.
· Administer quotations in Jobscope for the region.
· Solicit from sales assets SMART reports. Summarize and
analyze the information for the division to build sales
· Prepare Fast Track drawings within the region when
· Participate in quality improvement initiatives
including measurement of metrics, continuous improvement
of processes, and process development and improvement.
· Communicate inside the circle to resolve conflict and
address problems both internally and externally.
· Analyze customer/competition situations to maximize
revenue and profitability.
· Keep well informed on industry changes, participate
where possible in organizations directly involved with
the company’s prime markets, and continually work to
improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
· Pursue special projects such as special competitive
investigations, market studies on new products, and
credit or collection activities as assigned or
authorized by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. in Civil Structural
Engineering preferred) and five years sales and
marketing experience or equivalent.
· Excellent verbal, presentation, and written
· Excellent interpersonal skills and proven success in
customer relationship development.
· Able to travel at least 50 percent of time.
Base salary of $115,000, plus performance bonus up to 20
percent. Full benefit plan, including company-matched
Perfect World Search - 15 months ago