This position is responsible for driving sales performance by managing sales, retail execution, operations and key relationships at Wholesaler(s) in an assigned geographic area. The incumbent partners with an area General Manager to set priorities, and execute the business plan for a high priority sales territory.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and direct a group of Wholesalers including execution of Crown’s Retail Vision, and Wholesaler Standards and Practices.
- Direct and implement training and development initiatives for Wholesalers under management.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials in accordance with budgeting and account/market objectives.
- Develop plans and goals for all National Sales Priorities including volume, distribution and seasonal applications for each Wholesaler.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with Wholesalers to develop yearly Crown goals for Volume, Distribution and Investment.
- Identify market specific business development opportunities to grow Crown share.
- In partnership with the area General Manager (GM) complete ABP/Trimester planning meetings at key Wholesalers that activate all National Sales Priorities including volume, distribution and CTF (Crown Tactical Fund).
- Develop Trimester plans in partnership with the area GM.
- Develop mutually agreed upon volume and distribution goals for Wholesalers under management.
- Determine programming, CTF and Wholesaler Tactical expenditure levels.
- Identify market pricing opportunities and make recommendations including objectives for any change proposed.
- Notify and gain commitment from Wholesalers once price changes have been approved.
- Ensure target PTR/PTC’s are executed.
- Evaluate new product market-level pricing and determine go-forward approach.
- Develop CTF investment strategy at the Wholesaler Level by Sales Priority for the upcoming year.
- Develop CTF Annual Business Plan for GM review
- Communicate Business Plan to Wholesaler under management.
- Monitor budget compliance and communicates regularly with Wholesalers
Volume Driving Initiatives
- In conjunction with Key Account, National Account and Wholesalers execute new product roll out plans
- Identify Wholesaler performance gaps to plan and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop the tactics and resource plan for initiatives to ensure effective execution and communicate plan of action to all stakeholders.
- For volume initiatives that already been launched, develop corrective actions where gaps exist and/or identify opportunities for improvement.
- For volume initiative options under consideration, analyze, prioritize and make recommendations for GM consideration.
- Gain commitment from the Wholesaler network to support the plan for each new initiative and ensure their cooperation throughout the timeframe for execution.
- Ensure Wholesalers maintain adequate product inventory levels and demonstrate proper inventory rotation.
- Work with Wholesalers to prioritize supply chain issues related to code date/aging inventory problems and make recommendations to GM on most appropriate course of action.
Reports directly to an area General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
This position requires:
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in the CPG business.
Minimum of 3 (three) years of consumer product sales and sales management experience. Experience in the malt beverage or beverage alcohol industry preferred.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive in identifying customer issues, recommending solutions and executing effectively to ensure resolution.
Proven track record in building effective relationships with customers and internal associates.
Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with minimum direction and supervision.
Above average analytical and math skills.
Computer literacy with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of his/her working time (15% for Inside Sales MDM).