We are currently seeking a Global Mission Critical and Data Center Practice Market Leader . RS&H is open to the location of this position. This person will lead RS&H’s National and International Mission Critical/Data Center practice and be responsible for developing and implementing its strategic marketing and operational plans. The individual should have extensive experience in this sector as an established Market Leader in the industry. Primary responsibilities include client and business development, client management, industry leadership and overall business management of the business unit. The individual shall be responsible for clients he/she develops during the Business Development phase and assist in providing Quality Control and Assurance (QC/QA) for this segment of work. The individual will work with the Executive Leadership in the firm (i.e. Program Director, Regional Program Director, CMO and COO at a minimum) to expand this market globally. He/she will play a significant role in the firm, specific to Business Development, Marketing, and Client Relationships for this industry segment and be responsible for the financial performance of the sector. In addition to a leadership and business development role, this individual will be tasked with providing industry leadership via the mission critical organizations nationally recognized in an effort to increase RS&H’s industry profile. Examples include 7X24 Exchange, The Uptime Institute, AFCOM, and Data Center Dynamics.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
1. Increase market presence in the Mission Critical sector and expand the existing RS&H platform.
2. Develop and maintain relationships amongst our existing clients and solicit potential clients that result in leads for new business and strategic partnership.
3. Strategize market sector and services for viability and future involvement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible roles in developing and growing a mission critical/data center market for Corporate (Fortune 1000 sector) clientele in the mid to large size Architectural/Engineering or Construction/Project Management field.
Candidates must have demonstrated examples of strong relationships he/she has developed with top level management within the Mission Critical industry. It is anticipated that with a strong background and depth of experience in the Mission Critical industry, the successful candidate will also be able to bring a book of business to the firm.
Expertise and background in all design phases and familiarity with specialized design concepts for hardened and/or other specialty project types in the industry.
Strong knowledge of MEP design solutions related to reliable, redundant and scalable Mission Critical facilities.
Commissioning – Experience in and Designation as a Certified Commissioner is preferred
Established presence in marketplace with solid contact list
Sustainability (Design Experience and Construction Practices expertise)
Dynamic personality and approach to business development
Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
When applying to this position, please include your salary requirements on your cover letter or resume. RS&H offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
- Accredited Architectural degree or BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Technologies related field
- Professional architecture or engineering licensure required
- LEED AP Certification/Commissioning Certification with demonstrated documentation/certification experience
- A track record of successful management of large-scale clients/projects with appropriate references
- Minimum of 10 years of solid experience specifically in the Mission Critical/Data Center market
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task on multiple projects
- Domestic and International travel 20%-25%
RS&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility...