Sales and marketing responsibility for the US SRP business, which consists of the DMS and DMDS sold into the Steam Cracking & Refinery Market, and the Thiochemicals Carelflex® Refinery Services business. ACTIVITIES
• Account management responsibility for existing customers and distributors. Develop a network of key contacts at each account comprising Purchasing, Business, Marketing, Manufacturing, Executive and Technical groups.
• Creates annual key account plans with customer strategies and milestones which support the annual business plan.
• Negotiates and manages the price and volume strategy for customers in the USA with input from the local Business Manager and the Global Business Manager for SRP / Carelflex.
• Negotiates contracts with input from the local Business Manager and the Global Business Manager for SRP / Carelflex.
• Ensures order-winning product delivery by coordinating customer forecasts with Supply Chain, resolving invoicing and pricing issues and is proactive in the collection process.
• Develops and executes marketing plans to drive growth and profitability the Petrochemical and Refinery market.
• Identifies new prospects for Thiochemicals and leads the development of new customer driven applications to support the growth strategy of the business.
• Direct management for 1, and matrix management for 2 commercial (sales) resources. Matrix management for 1 Technical Service Scientist; and 1 Maintenance Engineer
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Technical Undergraduate Degree (eg. Chem. E., General Engineering, Environmental Science, Physics, or Chemistry). MBA preferred.
• 5+ years experience in Sales / Marketing / Technical Market Development. Proven success in generating sales is essential. Experience in Petro / Chemical manufacturing / operations preferred.
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills.
• Ability to develop and execute Key Account Plans: tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, and deliverables.
• Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing a deal/sale, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company.
• Ability to understand customer needs and desires within the context of Arkema's account goals; Ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel, from the factory floor up to Business leaders
• Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and a good understanding of SAP.
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment.
• Willing to travel on average 30% of the time, with peak travel being up to 50% of the time (10 nights in one month).
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...