Director, Client Development
The Director provides strategic direction to his/her team and is the lead decision-maker for clients and the principal staff manager. He/she drives revenue and client programs, contributes to the development of new products, and participates in BU management teams. The Director is accountable for overall satisfaction in terms of service, data analysis and deliverables for the SupplyTrack service and will work with our manufacturing clients. SupplyTrack® is the first and only monthly tracking service that codes, aggregates, and tracks every product shipped from a critical mass of leading broadline distributors to each of their foodservice operators.
• Establishing and managing client strategies, research methodologies, and new product development
• Planning and conducting cross-functional business reviews and information sessions that ties into the client’s key initiatives
• Fulfilling internal financial and administrative requirements pertaining to budgets and forecasts
• Ensuring overall client satisfaction with service, data application and deliverables by managing client relationships to build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business
• Evaluating how NPD’s products and services can address client’s key business issues by working with the client contact, senior management, and appropriate internal teams to develop or market products to address these issues
• Expanding the client base to include a broader mix of end users at accounts through the effective demonstration of how NPD data can help them accomplish their goals
• Developing incremental business within each account, including creating sales goals and retention plans for each account and negotiating contract agreements
• Growing revenue of the accounts as well as identifying new business opportunities within the given budget structure
• 8+ years of experience in client services/account management/analytic role either in CPG or a research company. 4+ years managing a team of 2 or more
• In-depth Foodservice experience and client knowledge
• Strong market research experience with POS and Consumer data
• Category management experience required
• Solid presentation skills to large groups
• Demonstrated presence and authority in dealing with people at all organizational levels
• Ability to influence and persuade others, particularly in high-pressure situations
• Skilled at generating creative ideas for improvement and effective at selling those ideas
• Demonstrated success in contract negotiations and account planning
• Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...