Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green . We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK . ™
We are seeking a proven, highly-engaged sales professional to join our Safety-Kleen sales team. As a Market Sales Specialist , you will meet or exceed sales objectives within an assigned geographic territory through prescribed sales techniques; you will develop existing customer relationships and cultivate new account opportunities. We invest in you from day one, by providing you with an exemplary company paid training program, to ensure your success with Safety-Kleen!
- Identify profitable new opportunities from leads provided by branches/facilities, current customers, trade publications, state associations, internet/newspaper/journal articles, or cold-calling.
- Develop customer solutions and sell all applicable Safety-Kleen products and services according to the defined sales strategy/pricing tools.
- Prepare sales plans and forecasts; monitor and track sales plan to ensure sales quota is met or exceeded.
- Prepare and deliver customer quotes and identify new solutions for customers; provide technical and sales assistance to customers.
- Serve as interface between customers and company to ensure that customer needs are met and issues are promptly resolved.
- Keep abreast of products, market conditions and competitive activities.
- Maintain current database through the use of CRM tool while providing accurate sales reporting, as required.
- Ensures that all sales actions comply with all regulations and Safety-Kleen corporate policies/processes.
- Daily local travel is required. Limited overnight travel may be required (
- Required attendance to a continuous (2) two week long on-boarding and regulatory training course that will be held out of town. Expenses (Lodging, Food, Travel) to be paid by Safety-Kleen.
- Proven ability to prospect, negotiate and close deals
- 3+ years of business-to-business (B2B) sales experience, preferably in the industrial, commercial, automotive, or environmental services markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or equivalent additional experience required
- Strong time management and organizational skills to ensure focus on value-added sales activities
- Strong customer-orientation; prompt issue resolution/follow-through
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience using CRM software tools and reporting
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, bending, light lifting (typically less than 25 lbs./11.36 kgs), and driving a vehicle
- Valid driver’s license is required
Typical 8 hour shift with constant computer usage. Employee must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach, squat, stoop and twist. Must also have the ability to carry, lift, pull and push up to 100+ lbs., with repetitive movement of both hands and feet. Must also have the ability to drive a vehicle and move heavy equipment.
Safety-Kleen offers great job training and career growth opportunities. We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, confidential employee assistance program; company-paid sick time, holidays and vacation time. Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Safety-Kleen - 23 months ago
Safety-Kleen, Inc. is a provider of used oil re-refining and recycling and parts cleaning services in North America, and is also provides a...