In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care, pharmaceutical, tissue and towel, and water treatment. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer through our four commercial units - Ashland Specialty Ingredients, Ashland Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials and Ashland Consumer Markets."
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
As a Market Segment Leader with Ashland Performance Materials, you will be responsible for identifying attractive new opportunities across APM through deep market research, including mega trend opportunity analysis. In the targeted market space, the market segment leader will identify and articulate the market and customer unmet needs, developing and leading implementation of mid to long term cross-APM new product, service and/or business innovation targeting those identified opportunities. In addition this role will be a leader of ideation strategies across APM, helping to build a lasting innovation pipeline. The role will also be a segment expert, providing strategic direction and action based upon insightful market analysis.
The role will lead and/or be responsible for:
- APM level market research & analysis
- Mega trend research & opportunity analysis.
- Identify attractive market segments for APM
- APM level ideation & discovery
- Functional expertise in gathering voice of customer
- Manage NSD projects in “white space” for APM
- Development of strategic plans for market segment & support for overall APM strategic plan development
- Has an ability to distill customer insights, competitive challengers and value chain understanding into a strong value proposition
- Has a demonstrated strategic ability developing new solutions based upon customer insights
- Has a strong grasp of core marketing concepts and applies them with great effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills including business and financial management
- Strong leadership competencies and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives
- Experience in a leadership role, driving a multi-cultural and multi-location teams – used to a matrix organization
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Engineering or Marketing; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in a marketing, product or project management role in B2B
- Preference for Building & Construction market experience, including new material development and introduction
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please visit our Career Center at
Once there, enter job number MAR10135 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position
Sales and Marketing
Ashland - 2 years ago