Position Title |
Market and Segment Development Lead- CP
Business Unit Description
MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE: MWV) is a $6 billion global supplier for the packaging, specialty chemicals, consumer & office products, and coated cover printing paper markets. The company has over 15,000 employees and conducts business in more than 100 countries.
The Business Development & Marketing Manager opening would be based in the U.S. with MWV’s Commercial Print Business Unit. Commercial Print operates with its own management team customer service group and sales force. Through the strength of its Tango product line, focused strategy, and energetic team, MWV’s Commercial Print business has grown rapidly to become the second largest provider of high quality coated cover and specialty printing products in North America. Tango offset and digital printing grades are used by MWV customers to produce high end brochures, point of purchases displays, menus, sports cards, book covers, game cards, and greeting cards.
The Market and Segment Development lead will be charged with developing relationships with the print sales teams at MWV’s commercial printing customers and leveraging those relationships to better understand how Tango can provide value to final print customers. The successful candidate will utilize their research in this area to develop and train CP field sales representatives using formal presentation materials as well as face to face coaching. In addition to the work to be developed in the print sales arena, the successful candidate will be tasked with developing a comprehensive understanding of selected market segments including current trends, buying patterns and cycles, market size, and printer/customer locations. The segment data will then be organized into a value proposition that can be distributed and communicated to the Commercial Printing sales team for validation and implementation. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
As the Market and Segment Development lead, you will be responsible for developing presentations and other sales tools to be used by Commercial Printing sales representatives as they work with print sales representatives in their respective areas. This will be accomplished by first meeting with several print sales professionals at printers to build awareness of the value provided through MWV’s Tango line of coated cover printing papers, and then developing and documenting a selling process that demonstrates the value of Tango to end users. The Market and Segment development lead will then develop, coach, and lead the Commercial Printing efforts in establishing a viable print sales plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Develop relationships with key leaders in the Print Sales arena and identify areas where Tango can enhance their performance and value
- Research and document critical information regarding selected market segments within the commercial printing space
- Meet or exceed performance metrics established for the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Printing/Packaging Operations or related field. MBA is a plus for the position
- Previous experience in the area of paper or paperboard sales in the merchant environment or previous experience in the area of print sales
- Excellent analytical skills and technical aptitude; ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Proven track record of strong self-drive and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to relate and connect with individuals across wide range of ages and backgrounds – must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of management within the Commercial Printing customer base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high comfort level giving presentations in front of groups of professionals
- Positive attitude and drive even when faced with resistance and setbacks
- Highly goal oriented and competitive; proven track record of meeting or exceeding difficult objectives
- Strong competitive spirit; maintains aggressive conviction to achieve individual objectives and goals as well as those set for regional team
- Proven organizational and project management skills; capable of multi-tasking, managing account activities and schedules for dozens of customers at the same time with reliable follow-up
- Good business acumen; solid understanding of market dynamics in a sales cycle
- TRAVEL: The successful candidate must be comfortable with domestic US travel of approximately 50%
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 13 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...