Opened: April 5, 2011
Position Title: Marketing/Outreach Specialist
PACE Energy Savings Project
Vacancies: 2 (Bilingual in Chinese, Tagalog)
Department: Energy & Environmental Services
Reports To: Coordinator/Asst. Program Manager
Work Location: 1055 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
PACE is a private not-for-profit corporation that has been creating economic solutions to meet the challenges of ethnic and diverse communities in Southern California for more than 30 years. PACE provides employment assistance, small business assistance, early childhood education, affordable housing, energy and environmental services and other service programs to promote economic self-sufficiency.
PACE was awarded a contract by the Southern California Gas Company (The Gas Company) to promote Energy Efficiency among ethnic minority populations. The program seeks to increase awareness, expand efforts and participation of the targeted ethnic communities to reduce energy consumption and achieve energy efficiencies.
Summary of Duties:
Working under the direction of the Marketing Coordinator or other senior program officer of the PACE Energy Savings Project, the individual coordinates and implements key marketing initiatives including organizing and hosting public events, speaking before various audiences, performs cooperative marketing programs with The Gas Company personnel, and other efforts aimed at providing capacity and resources for the project. This position shall primarily be fieldwork involving finding and connecting with target markets in the achievement of outreach goals. As a member of the Energy Savings Project team, applicant will:
1. Participate in the planning and implementation of various marketing and outreach strategies and goals to implement The Gas Company’s Energy Efficiency Program;
2. Promote the various energy efficiency Programs of The Gas Co.;
3. Assist in translating program materials in needed ethnic language whether in print, broadcast and/or with the web;
4. Effectively program presentations in front of public audiences of varying size and ethnicity and manage information booths/tables in popular community and ethnic events, seminars, workshops, meetings and demonstrations;
5. Meet programmatic goals in outreaching the residential customers, multi-family building owners and managers, target business sectors and other target groups;
6. Provide regular reports of outreach activities promoting energy efficiency and awareness models;
7. Attend The Gas Company training and regular meetings as necessary.
BA degree, preferably in marketing or related field; or previous four years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, public relations or sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superb verbal presentation and public speaking skills .
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, other popular computer software.
- Excellent marketing and sales skills/aptitude.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
- Ability to interface with various business sectors, organizations and institutions.
- Skilled in time management and ability to maximize production;
- Self motivated, independent and requires minimum supervision;
- Team player and has ability to work with a diverse/multicultural staff.
- Must posses a current driver’s license with good driving record.
- Possesses a reliable automobile and adequate insurance coverage.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Extensive knowledge of ethnic (Chinese or Filipino, whichever is applicable) consumer, residential and business communities in Southern California, as applicable.
- Must be fluent in English and ethnic language of community applied for, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants must complete a PACE application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may obtain an application from: Human Resources Department, Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment, 1055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1475 or 1428, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Tel: (213)353-3982 · Fax: (213) 353-1227. Website: www.pacela.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position is filled
COMPENSATION: Annual Salary Range - $33,000-36,000 (depending on experience and qualifications) plus Commission and Generous Benefits.
PERSON SELECTED FOR THE POSITION MUST PASS
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL.
PACE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. PACE does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.
Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment is a nonprofit organization committed to expanding opportunity for the people of California. We...