Job Title: Marketing/PR Specialist II
Requisition Number: 17318
Reports To: Assistant Athletics Director of Marketing (Charlie Taylor)
Positions Directly Supervised: Assistant Directors; Graduate Assistants
Basic Function: To advance the mission and values of the OU Athletics Department by coordinating ticket sales efforts, directing advertising campaigns and delivering the Oklahoma Sooner brand through the execution of game entertainment elements with the Assistant Athletics Director Marketing and Athletics Marketing team for all 21 athletic programs.
- A Bachelor†s degree in any specialization OR an equivalent combination of education and job related experiences.
- Master†s degree in intercollegiate athletics administration, education or other related field.
- 3-5 years† work experience related to Marketing or Sales
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successful completion of educational, NCAA and criminal background checks will be required of the successful applicant.
- Develop and implement marketing and promotions plans to increase ticket sales, game attendance and fan experience for the following sports:
- Men†s Basketball
- Women†s Basketball
- Oversee through management of Assistant Directors marketing, promotions and game entertainment plans for the following sports:
- Women†s Soccer
- Men†s Gymnastics
- Women†s gymnastics
- Women†s Volleyball
- Men†s and Women†s Tennis
- Coordination of collateral production for all sports with Athletics Graphic Design as a part of each programs marketing and promotions plan
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Director of Marketing with the planning, coordination and implementation of all football, men†s basketball and women†s basketball game day activities and promotions including but not limited to:
- Public Address
- In-game promotions and giveaways
- In-venue presentations sponsored by the University and/or the Athletics Department
- Marching Band performances
- Spirit † Cheerleaders, Pom Squad and Mascots
- Halftime and National Anthem talent
- All other game day related activities
- Oversee game entertainment for all ticketed sports through Assistant Directors and Graduate Assistants
- Identify creative and innovative programs that engage both existing and potential fans, resulting in an entertaining atmosphere and that encourages spectator loyalty and support
- Assist tournament and meet directors in developing specific promotional support related to special events hosted by The University of Oklahoma (i.e. Big 12 Tournaments, NCAA Championships, etc.)
Fan and Student Engagement:
- Handle execution, scheduling, creative development and relationship management with Assistant Athletics Director Marketing of advertising for OU Athletic Department, including execution of advertising trade for OU Athletic Department tickets.
- Manage day-to-day contact for SoonerVision, Sooner Sports Properties, IMG/Learfield Ticket Solutions and Athletics Graphic Design.
- Oversee Sooner Jr. Kids Club, Student Marketing and Sooner Rewards fan engagement programs.
- Identify creative and innovative programs that engage the student body and encourage participation at all athletic events
- Further enhance and cultivate relationships on-campus; resulting in student, faculty and staff support
- Oversee day-to-day management of Assistant Directors of Marketing and Graduate Assistants.
- Oversee the hiring process for the student intern program
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment responsibilities related to Sooner Sports Properties (Learfield Property) and other third-party agreements
- Assist with ticket sales campaign coordination related to IMG/Learfield Ticket Solutions and other third-party agreements for all sports except Football
- Maintain knowledge of the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big 12 Conference, and The University of Oklahoma. Know, understand, and reinforce commitment to NCAA and Big 12 rules, and report violations or suspected violations to the Athletics Compliance Department.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Communicate and interact effectively, respectfully and appropriately with diverse populations in the Department, the University, and the community.
- Willing to work in a team atmosphere where expectations are set and managed while giving staff flexibility to do their assigned tasks as both a leader and/or a follower.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with colleagues, Fans, student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
- Belief in The University of Oklahoma Department of Athletics Mission and Core Values.
- Sales mentality/experience preferred.
- Handle multiple tasks in a high stress environment.
- Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
- Efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Apply Online at: https://jobs.ou.edu
For more information contact:
Assistant Athletics Director Marketing
The University of Oklahoma
Assistant Athletics Director Marketing
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services. For questions regarding discrimination, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, or sexual harassment, please contact the Office(s) of Institutional Equity as may be applicable: Norman campus at (405) 325-3546/3549, the Health Sciences Center at (405) 271-2110, or the OU-Tulsa Title IX Office at (918) 660-3107. Please see www.ou.edu/eoo . The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 17 months ago