The United States-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) is seeking a Marketing & Business Development Summer Intern. This internship will provide support in the development of ongoing marketing strategies for recruiting new members, increasing revenues from publications and events, and creating new areas of business opportunities for the Chamber. The intern will acquire valuable work experience in a fast-paced environment while gaining knowledge of US-Azerbaijan relations, and making great business and other contacts in the US and Azerbaijan.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director, the responsibilities of the intern will include, but not limited to, the following:
Candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Assist with the development of marketing materials, including media packets, direct mail -campaigns, marketing brochures, email blasts, etc.
- Develop and present new membership marketing strategies for increasing the Chamber's membership;
- Attend events in the Washington metro area and develop networking relationship with companies, business organizations, and government departments;
- Design and write membership reports, marketing proposals, new event and publication ideas and presentations;
- Complete weekly and monthly deadlines and achieve set goals.
The internship program will be at the USACC offices in Washington, D.C. commencing on June 1, 2012. The internship is unpaid and out-of-town interns are responsible for arranging their own accommodations.
- Minimum 1 year experience;
- Bachelor's degree program in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field;
- Excellent marketing, business development and communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
- Organizational and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player;
- Knowledge of Azerbaijan and the Caspian region preferred;
- Social media experience is a plus
USACC is a dynamic organization seeking to promote economic and commercial relations between the United States and Azerbaijan by rendering avariety of business services.
The U.S.- Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) is an independent, non-profit, Washington-based organization aimed at promoting and supporting economic and business cooperation between the United States and Azerbaijan. For further information contact USACC, at (202) 333-8702; fax (202) 333-8703; e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.usacc.org
washingtonpost.com - 2 years ago