Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
The Senior Associate will work with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure the smooth running of the department’s daily operation and to assist with local press release development and media relations and press coordination for Clear Channel subsidiary – Total Traffic Network. This position is also responsible for assisting with the implementation of media relations, internal and external communications on a local and national level for Clear Channel Media + Entertainment. The Senior Associate reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Oversee the publicity planning, press material development and distribution for Clear Channel subsidiary - Total Traffic Network.
- Assist Communications counterpart with local market release development and distribution.
- Develop and maintain key media contacts lists and editorial calendars (national, local and trade press, etc.) for use in day-to-day pitching and media coordination.
- Assist with day-to-day website updates
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of Clear Channel Communities, including but not limited to researching charities, strategic brainstorming, execution of community partnerships and events and monitoring of local Clear Channel Communities station websites.
- Assist with regional and national media relations for Clear Channel Media + Entertainment.
- Help in the coordination of various print and multimedia projects such as media kits, event invites, b-roll packages, MNRs, SMTs, sizzle reels, media rooms, etc.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of various events including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, influencer/charity events, private parties, press conferences, etc.
- Remain knowledgeable of world and industry events, as they may affect the company’s reputation. Utilize timely happenings to company’s advantage when applicable.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications department is in all functions as necessary.
- Maintain brand identity and consistency through implementation of organization-wide standards, procedures and protocols to protect the use of the mission statement, logo, tag line, brand requirements, etc.
- Must take initiative and be able to complete projects accurately and on time.
- Strong research, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent oral & written communications and sharp editing skills
- Experience in media pitching and outreach
- Experience in Social Media strategy and execution
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well under pressure & multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in public relations or marketing programs and initiatives
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
NEW YORK, New York, United States
This company leaves few open channels on the radio dial. Clear Channel Communications is the #1 radio company in the US, with about 860...