A worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of springs, Associated Spring Raymond division, Barnes Group, Inc., provides thousands of parts to industry, including die springs, MRO products, gas springs and fasteners. In addition, the company offers a wide range of stock and custom made compression and extension springs, curved washers, finger washers, retaining rings and mechanical spring struts through its catalog offersing and wide distribution base. Since 1923 Associated Spring Raymond has exceeded its customers' expectations by supplying innovative engineered products through a world class distribution system while maximizing quality, delivery and customer service.
An exciting career opportunity is available for a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives as a Marketing & E-Commerce Manager . This position will be responsible for conducting market research, pricing, competitive analysis, and advertising. You will work closely with engineering and sales on product planning and new product development opportunities and will interface with all organizational levels, in the identification and accomplishment of position objectives
- Develop and update competitive analysis for ASR product lines.
- Maintain product/market pricing ensuring profitability goals.
- Work with advertising agency on development of catalogs, trade advertising, collateral materials and public relations. Responsible for developing and maintaining advertising budget.
- Develop and maintain technical sales data for all product lines. Revise and update as required.
- Coordinate all trade shows
- Research new products and develop plans for new product launches
- Conduct and update market research.
- Coordinate and work with Product Managers on special projects as assigned.
- Manage E-Commerce activities for ASR.
- Coordinate international sales efforts
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the President
- Understand and ensure customer specific requirements, as related to your function are met.
- Strong distribution knowledge a plus.
- Ability to understand spring terminology, design, drawings and specifications to effectively convey spring knowledge to customers.
- Strong analytical skills. Need to have the ability to make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Strong PC aptitude in a Windows environment required; specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint). Ability to learn other software packages and maintain an awareness of technology advancements.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and be detail and project oriented.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with third party vendors.
- Superior communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. MBA preferred.
- 5 to 7 years experience in marketing or other relevant experience required.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 22 months ago