The Sponsorship Sales Intern will support sponsorship sales efforts through creation of sales materials and proposals for the NYRA Sponsorship Team. Sponsored special events will require the assistant’s involvement to conduct on-track contests, create work orders for display of signage, nyra.com web banners, NYRA TV spots and Post Parade ads, correspond with sponsors on hospitality and other activation details, take photos to document and send out recap reports when sponsorships have concluded. Interaction with sponsor guests includes conducting paddock and track tours, taking guests to the winner’s circle, and making hospitality reservations at on-track venues.
- Create sponsorship proposals describing opportunities at Saratoga Race Course for target accounts as directed by NYRA’s sponsorship sales personnel
- Coordinate on-site sponsorship contests and events, including distribution of promotional materials, coordinating publicity through internal and external marketing channels, writing work orders to ensure all affected departments support event details
- Complete purchase requisitions in NYRA database, and track deliveries of sponsorship collateral, and payment of vendor invoices
- Confirm sponsorship guest hospitality arrangements, décor, and menu for on-track events
- Organize and communicate with NYRA personnel, sponsors and vendors to coordinate airing NYRA TV commercials, publication deadlines and placement of sponsor print ads, SST ad banners, signs, posters and other collateral materials.
- Knowledge of thoroughbred racing, horsemen and trainers and familiarity with Saratoga Race Course frontside and backside will be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. NYRA purchasing database system training will be provided.
- Familiarity with graphics programs and basic layout skills
- This job requires extensive physical activity: driving a golf cart, climbing stairs, walking, standing for long periods, lifting, moving boxes to and setting up displays in sponsorship activation areas, taking photographs, delivering branded race apparel, packing and shipping boxes
- Availabilty to work ideally through the end of August 2014
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard