DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The Marketing Advanced Data Analyst is responsible for identifying and executing appropriate method(s) to provide in-depth understanding of customer behavior to help evolve corporate strategy and inform tactical execution and measurement. These methods will include complex queries, predictive and descriptive modeling and data mining. Reports to the Manager, Marketing Advanced Analytics. No direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
- Gain a thorough knowledge of how and where all data is captured, how it is related, and ensure data quality
- Develop queries, data extracts, statistical analysis and reporting surrounding marketing initiatives/projects, programs, and metrics that support our strategic objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the customer portfolio via segmentation migration, and segmentation trend analysis.
- Assist Segmentation Analysts and CRM Specialists in making treatment and control recommendations.
- Responsible for selecting, maintaining and updating permanent control group along with evaluating major marketing program performance.
- Turn business questions into functional analysis – understand the business as well as the data behind the analysis
- Translate business decisions into financial impact in terms of sales, margin, expense, and customer KPIs
- Quality check all queries, quantitative and statistical analysis to ensure accuracy and validity of approach
- Understand the results and be able to communicate the analysis and recommendations to marketing leadership and Senior Management
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and work hands-on with new statistical and data mining techniques, technologies, processes, and partners
- 3+ years of statistical analysis and modeling database experience
- 3+ experience independently accessing and leveraging large scale multi-channel relational databases
- 3+ years SAS and SQL programming experience in a relational database
- Advanced proficiency with statistical and query tools required (SQL, SAS)
- Retail experience a plus
- Ability to pull data from different sources (flat files, database tables) and link them logically; know how to deal with the inherent structure of the data
- Use SAS and/or SQL to perform standard statistical analysis, profiling, reporting and modeling
- Use SAS to build predictive models – linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, factor analysis, principal components and be familiar with different clustering techniques
- Strong experience in data base applications, tools and usage, and best practices around data analytics
- Proficient in MS Excel (graphing, pivot tables, data manipulation, formulas, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a highly quantitative, fast-paced environment with changing business needs
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and ownership
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- High degree of analytical curiosity that leads to actionable insight
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-team environment, in which various business owners and partners require support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in: Finance/Economics, Marketing, Mathematics and Statistics, MIS
- Masters Degree in: Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. - 20 months ago