In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care, pharmaceutical, tissue and towel, and water treatment. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer through our four commercial units - Ashland Specialty Ingredients, Ashland Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials and Ashland Consumer Markets."
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
As a Marketing Analyst with Ashland Performance Materials, you will be responsible for supporting the marketing group and business teams through providing fundamental research on promising new markets and opportunities for APM as well as providing regular updates of performance of primary markets that drive APM’s businesses. The marketing analyst role will also support our innovation process through providing market segment data for business case development and guidance throughout the process, with specific emphasis on the front end ideation.
The role will lead and/or be responsible for:
- Fundamental research
- Economic analysis
- Monthly economic indicators and quarterly economic outlooks
- Market research and exploration on new or adjacent market segments
- Identify & share marketing best practices
- Support business case development for key projects
- Support front end ideation with market research
- Strong grasp of core marketing concepts and analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in managing several projects at once.
- Strong analytical skills including business and financial management
- Demonstrates an ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives
- Strong leadership qualities, potential for further career development
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Engineering or Marketing; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Experience in a marketing, product or project management role in B2B is preferred.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please visit our Career Center at
Once there, enter job number MAR10136 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position
Sales and Marketing