Bobcat Company is the leading international manufacturer of compact loaders, excavators, attachments and other compact equipment. We are currently looking for students to participate in our Marketing co-op program. Opportunities are available at our West Fargo, ND location starting in July 2013.
You’ve spent a great deal of time in the classroom learning about marketing concepts. Now we’re giving you a chance to put that learning into practice. As a Bobcat co-op, you’ll learn solid marketing practices from some of the best in the industry. You’ll have a hand in planning and executing market research and marketing communications projects right alongside Bobcat’s marketing professionals. In addition, you’ll gain exposure to the wide variety of tasks performed within the functional areas of a corporate marketing department. These functional areas include internet marketing, competitive intelligence, training, dealer development, dealer communications, public relations, product marketing and markets marketing.
As a Marketing Co-op, you’ll gain valuable work experience as you:
- Complete market research projects that involve identifying appropriate data sources, collecting and analyzing that data, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Research key industry issues, challenges, trends and topics to support the development of marketing plans, solutions and strategies.
- Launch a new project and develop a plan, from start to finish, resulting in a corporate decision based on the findings.
- Conduct phone and email surveys and present the results.
- Provide support for ongoing projects, such as dealer advertising claims, as well as special marketing projects, events and tasks as assigned.
To be considered, you should:
- Be of Junior or Senior status and be seeking a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a Business related field with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Be able to commit to Bobcat for the entire term of the co-op (8 months) and be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Previous data analysis and analytical skills are desired.
- Be able to adapt to working in a corporate setting.
- Be able to independently work through a project from start to finish with limited supervision, as well as have the skills to work collaboratively on a team.
- Have the vision to identify problems, make recommendations and provide creative solutions.
- Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to a group.
Previous internship and marketing experience is a strong plus.
Bobcat Company is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263 .
Bobcat Company - 13 months ago
Doosan Infracore is carving its own niche as one of the world's largest construction equipment makers. Part of Korea's Doosan...