Simpson Strong-Tie, an international company and one of the building industry's largest manufacturers of structural products, is looking for a full-time Marketing Communications Specialist to be a part of our Marketing Communications Team.
The Marketing Communications Team is responsible for developing, implementing and measuring marketing communications plans and programs that support the company's strategy, priorities and mission. Our goal is to provide clear, consistent, compelling, engaging and timely messages about Simpson Strong-Tie that enhance and promote the brand and that help strengthen relationships with target audiences, including employees, customers, shareholders and local communities.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will manage and support a variety of activities, including developing marketing communications plans, copywriting, managing and implementing social media strategy, supporting public relations efforts, event planning, presentation creation and video coordination.
This individual should be able to provide specific examples of expertise in social media planning, engagement and ROI as well as ways to link social media with PR, events, video and mobile apps.
This position reports to the Marketing Communications Manager and will be located at our home office in Pleasanton, California. Simpson Strong-Tie offers a great culture, benefits and growth opportunities.
Person to contact:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, social media, business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing, public relations and social media
- Experience developing, managing and executing marketing communications plans
- Excellent copywriting and content generation skills, including articles, blog posts, press releases, talking points, promotional copy and scripts
- Solid understanding of and related work experiene in social media planning, engagement and ROI with in-depth knowledge of and participation in a variety of social media platforms, including blogs, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Houzz and others
- Experience managing a blog, including developing a schedule, writing and posting content, engaging with subscribers, responding to comments and measuring ROI
- Familiarity with social media monitoring tools, web analytics and SEO principles
- Event planning and coordination experience
- Video coordination experience
- Experience in PowerPoint content, layout and design
- Proactive, strategic, creative and positive mindset
- Can work independently and as a member of a team
- Background or experience in the construction industry a plus
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Job posted: 5/8/2013
All job offers are subject to a successful drug screen and background investigation.
Simpson Strong-Tie - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Blessed be the ties that bind a building together. Simpson Strong-Tie (SST) manufactures steel connectors for wood, concrete, and masonry...