Godiva Chocolatier, leader in the premium chocolate category, is seeking a qualified consultant for its Marketing Department at the Manager/Senior Manager level. This position is ideal for someone who has prior work experience in brand marketing, is searching for a permanent position in marketing, or is studying marketing/brand management or related subjects, and desires hands-on experience of how to market a luxury brand. This position is short-term and temporary but has the possibility of transitioning to a full-time/permanent position.
The Theater category consists of products that are made fresh in our Boutiques, including chocolate covered fruit, truffles & truffle pops, caramel bars and bark. Theater is one of the largest and fastest growing categories for Godiva, and the team is expected to deliver against market trends, consumer needs and overall business performance to achieve sales & profitability goals.
The consultant on the Theater business will manage the execution of key seasonal North America Theater products. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Lead complex cross-functional teams (product development, QA, creative services, finance, and supply chain) in developing and managing timelines, forecasting, product costing, copy development and artwork approval.
• Work with Retail Operations & Merchandising teams to manage the in-store execution of new product launches, including forecasting, merchandising ideas and protocol development
• Write creative and sku briefs to initiate projects, manage Gateways to ensure project completion in timely fashion, gain Finance approval that product platforms have met/exceeded margin targets, coordinate cross-functional team meetings and manage team communication via meeting minutes and recaps. Maintain project timelines, action registers, and conference reports for overall initiative
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has a marketing background or prior experience working in brand marketing and on a cross-functional team. She/He must have the ability to work at all levels – from thought leadership to execution and analytics. They must be a quick study and resourceful and who can learn Godiva's processes and procedures. In addition, some responsibilities include proof-reading and editing artwork and promotional copy and light office work. If needed, this person will be assigned a more in-depth project or analysis to assist team with strategic planning within the theater category. Must interact regularly and effectively with all cross-functional team counterparts including Creative, Project Management, Package Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance and Merchandising departments.
• Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or another related field, or equivalent applicable work experience. MBA preferred
• Years of relevant experience: 5 or more years marketing/project management experience in competitive marketing organization (i.e. consumer packaged goods, cosmetics, premium businesses, Retail, etc).
• Self-motivated individual who is open-minded and willing to meet new challenges
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to multi-task
• Superior analytical thinking
• Demonstrated project management skills, process orientation is a plus
• Strong spreadsheet and presentation development skills (Microsoft Office)
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Comfortable with ambiguity, agile, business-savvy and resourceful
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully :
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
Godiva Chocolatier Inc. - 10 months ago
Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, including...