The Marketing Coordinator/Executive Assistant is directly responsible for providing both
comprehensive administrative and logistical support but also provide project management and marketing support for various programs and deliverables to the following members of the Commercial Team: Sr.
VP of Commercial, Commercial Chief of Staff, Prostate Sales and Marketing Team to include Prostate Director of Sales, Prostate Associate Director Field Marketing, Prostate Marketing Director and Prostate Associate Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate will manage the department schedules, plan and monitor travel arrangements, coordinate meetings, prepare expense reports, and establish systems for tracking major task timelines via MS Outlook for deadlines required by the team. There will be a strong emphasis on development of presentations (using Powerpoint) as well as development of Excel spreadsheets for supporting business review projects. The candidate will coordinate the marketing team’s weekly staff meeting and will provide support to attain individual and team department goals.
The successful candidate will also manage various marketing projects during different stages of completion as well as support marketing programs and marketing advisory boards. This position will require excellent planning skills, contract management, project management, vendor collaborations, timely and clear internal communications, project budgeting and limited travel as needed. Success in this position will require the excellent attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. The Marketing Coordinator/Executive Assistant should enjoy working in an ever-changing, fast paced office environment and be able to maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations. To support departmental activities he/she will convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis. Most importantly, the successful candidate will maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all internal and external audiences.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and logistical support for designated members
of the Commercial Sales and Marketing Team.
- Support various marketing projects during various stages of completion
- Support marketing team through development of presentations for business reviews
- Support marketing team through development of various analytic projects and learn to convey and synthesize sales and financial data for further analysis
- Administer departmental personnel files/reports in on-line system
- Maintain tickler system to anticipate future activities and ensure effective, long-range planning.
- Manage accounting and financial transactions including, but not limited to: purchase orders, invoices, check requests, expense accounting (including currency exchange/conversion), and statement reconciliation.
- Monitor monthly budget and financial statements for accuracy, research and monitor correction of financial statement errors.
- Coordinate completion and administration of vendor, consulting, confidentiality, fee-for-service and other agreements with Legal, Accounting/Purchasing departments
- Conduct routine office administration activities including, but not limited to: departmental document filing and retention, copying and distribution, attendance, supplies, departmental telephone coverage, business machine maintenance, internal and external correspondence and mailings, personnel administrative processes and filing, subscriptions and publications and coverage of customer service phones in emergency situations as determined by the VP of Marketing.
- Schedule and coordinate domestic and international travel
- Marketing will coordinate many meetings and programs with internal and external customers and consultants. Support of these activities is critical.
- Coordinate activities with outside vendors. Coordinate contracting, honorarium, and expense payment activities. As appropriate, provide onsite support at meetings such as set-up, technical, facilitation, meeting notes and recaps when needed.
- Convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis
- As requested, prepare departmental memoranda and presentations - sometimes with only basic outlines to work from in creating new correspondence
- Maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all internal and external audiences. We are an organization that must be firmly committed to premium customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to personnel, salaries and any sensitive areas, at all times
- Handle questions and requests as related to department programs and functions and keep departmental professional association and journal membership current.
- As we continue to grow there is need to provide support for multiple departments. On an as-needed basis, this may periodically require cross-functional training or support.
- 5 - 7 years of senior admin or executive level support
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, familiarity and use of Internet/World Wide Web.
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation development skills and other MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Project management skills; ability to organize multiple activities and provide guidance for driving projects to completion
- Experience with advertising agency and other marketing vendors for managing traffic for delivery of field deliverables
- Willingness to travel 2 or 3 times annually to provide support at key meetings.
- Strongly prefer candidates with significant experience in marketing and/or sales administration in life science industry. Experience in service sector with advertising, public relations or meeting management is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and ability to be an excellent team member
- Brings a positive mental attitude to daily tasks and becomes a net contributor to overall morale
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, tact, composure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex personnel issues, schedules, travel, and logistical projects / programs in and outside of GHI.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment...