Ludvik Electric is looking for a Technical Writer to support proposal development and production. This Technical Writer will support the development of proposals in response to customer Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and other types of solicitations. Additional duties may include reviewing and improving written material, working with graphic designers and developing oral presentation material.
• Coordinates with department managers to schedule and prepare bids and pre-qualification packages.
•Prepares and maintains marketing materials.
•Follows-up on future projects.
•Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or proposal contributors.
•Ability to coordinate with reviewers, technical staff, and authors to outline, rewrite, edit and format proposals that fully comply with customer requirements in terms of both content and format.
•Develop proposals in response to customer Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and other types solicitations.
•Must be able to work virtually with internet connectivity and collaboration tools.
•Must be schedule driven and willing to work extended hours when required to meet proposal deadlines.
•Must proactively apply the Ludvik Electric proposal planning process for each proposal, to include outlines, storyboards, themes, action items, etc. during the writing process.
•Establish and maintain files (electronic and hardcopy) by setting up directories on a shared server and review stored files for organization and applicability.
•Maintains history of projects bid to generate hit rate and total annual volume of projects bid.
• Oversees the tracking of all projects that are designated for bidding or presentation and the updating of project information on an on-going basis.
• Prepares final estimate cover sheet with all costs, direct job expenses, taxes and mark ups to be reviewed by the company President.
•Develops and maintain strong relationships with internal customers.
• Develops a thorough understanding of Ludvik’s business objectives so that the concept of "Why Ludvik" can be effectively sold to external customers.
• The successful candidate will be an energetic, effective communicator who is able to accelerate in a sales and estimating environment.
•Customer service oriented and extremely organized.
•Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
•Must have strong presentation skills, be energetic and a self-starter.
•Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Must have capability of managing different job tasks simultaneously and make decisions on the run.
•Must develop and maintain estimating forms and files.
•Must have advanced computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and E-Mail).
Education and Experience
Minimum 3 – 5 years marketing or sales experience
Electrical Construction experience a plus
BA in marketing, business or organizational development
Ludvik offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. Ludvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
Ludvik Electric Co. - 20 months ago
Ludvik Electric Co., incorporated in Colorado in 1980, has completed over $1 Billion of electrical installations both nationally and abroad....