This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and level of difficulty required of this position; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.
Support the marketing team of Harrison College and The Chefs Academy (TCA). Assist in the execution of marketing plans and support campus marketing efforts. Oversee the support vendors (printers, premium vendors, signage, etc.) and freelance designers that are needed by the marketing team. Support the organizational objectives of academic excellence, student service and regulatory compliance through effective coordination and implementation of strategic and tactical directives.
1. Support the marketing team and organization by executing upon the marketing plans, assisting in the development of program launches, managing design projects and organizing various initiatives for the marketing department and organization.
2. Assist in the development of marketing presentations that launch new programs, contribute to brand training and communicate marketing strategy and plans.
3. Manage the marketing resource center (Toolkit) and provide recommendations for items housed on the site such as collateral. Responsible for inventory maintenance, and monitoring usage.
4. Oversee the Spirit Store for HC/TCA that includes working with the vendor on item selection, pricing, shipping and inventory management. This also involves coordinating the quarterly order of giveaway items and managing the vendor and process with campuses and departments.
5. Provide support for the grassroots, local community, tradeshow and other such events alongside the public relations team.
6. Act as a steward of the HC/TCA brands, ensuring that all messaging and branding are consistent and align with Harrisons branding strategy and vision and provide direction to the organization.
7. Collaborate with the agency of record and marketing department to assist in the execution of advertising production for HC/TCA to include but not limited to: direct mail, dialogue marketing, TV, print, website updates, SEM, Email campaigns, banner ads, organic landing pages, internet vendors, out of home, radio, etc.
8. Provide support for the HC/TCA website by providing updates and minor adjustments to content. Work closely with the digital team on ideas to enhance web presence and provide creative solutions to driving leads through this channel.
9. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
The ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others; taking a stand on and addressing important issues; acting as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement; developing viable partnerships and networks of people; and interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones intentions and those of the organization.
Facilitating the achievement of team goals; identifying, developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate team and organizational goal achievement.
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; presenting ideas effectively (including nonverbal communication and use of visual aids) to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Service Orientation/Client Focus
Making customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Operating with commitment, effectiveness and integrity; demonstrating capacity for effective action and accomplishment; assuming responsibility/accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, for purposes of this job description each of the Responsibilities, may be amended from time to time, are considered essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related field is required. At least 2 years experience in marketing.
Ability to understand and support the execution of marketing plans.
Previous project management experience required.
Webmaster or CMS knowledge preferred.
Experience working with cross-functional teams (marketing, branding, sales, executives, etc.)
Experience in higher education marketing and/or advertising preferred
Ability to effectively coordinate projects, communications across functional lines and work with multiple internal groups, departments and outside agencies.
Ability to effectively multi-task in fast moving, dynamic work environment, drive timelines and maintain project goals.
Strong organizational skills a must.
Moderate to high proficiency with full MS Office professional suite.
Ability to work independently and with direction as well as deal with ambiguity and unexpected challenges.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation abilities.
Ability to develop effective working relationships (both internal and external), build consensus and influence decisions.
Ability to manage vendor relationships and work with them to improve processes and monitor ways to improve.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Algebra, business mathematics, and familiarity with rudimentary statistics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software and Project Management software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to travel by air and auto in safe and expeditious manners to off-site locations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Harrison College - 13 months ago