RideCharge, the DC-based technology startup revolutionizing local ground transportation with the Taxi Magic and Sedan Magic apps, is seeking a data wizard to translate our massive data resources into successful marketing programs, product features and business strategies. The Marketing Analyst reports to the Vice President of Marketing and works closely with colleagues across the company on our most important questions and opportunities.
The ideal candidate should combine deep technical and data systems expertise, strong analytical horsepower and critical thinking skills, and a love for numbers and data. You should be comfortable in a start-up environment, capable of working on many projects simultaneously, and bring creativity, energy and fun to complex issues. Your colleagues should see you as a rock star and go to you with their toughest problems. You should have a love for mobile technology, a proven track record of excellence and execution, and the personality to thrive in a startup environment.
- Provide state-of-the-art marketing analytics to support consumer marketing, acquisition, retention, and feedback/perception programs. Fulfill a ‘growth hacker’ role by devising quick, innovative improvements to help meet growth goals.
- Leverage data mining, statistical analysis, visualizations and algorithms to drive feature innovations, product improvements, and performance optimization.
- Provide business analysis function and serve as expert data advisor for company business leaders.
- Create reporting for key company business metrics to track business performance, measure progress against goals, and inform decision making.
- Organize and run monthly operating reviews with senior executives to guide and track business progress and performance.
- Degree in quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Econometrics)
- 2-5 years of analytics experience at a leading consumer technology company, financial institution or consultancy
- Proficient in SQL
- Strong skills with Excel and analytical tools like Google Analytics and Omniture
- Creative, insightful, high-energy, hypothesis-driven thinker and problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver fast, accurate results
- Experience creating professional reports, including charts and graphs, that “tell a story”
- Ability to communicate complex data analysis in a simple way
- Good interpersonal and listening skills with ability to ask probing questions to understand underlying intent
- Comfortable with the command line, or a willingness to learn
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Statistics and/or data mining knowledge, and experience with a statistical tool (R preferred, Stata, SAS, SPSS, Matlab/Octave acceptable)
- Spatial Data Analysis or Geostatistics experience is a major plus
- Experience with randomized controlled trials and A/B tests
Our flagship product is Taxi Magic, the award-winning electronic booking service that allows consumers and business travelers to quickly and easily book a ride with over 75 taxi fleets across North America. We also develop Taxi Magic TV, an in-taxi console that provides entertainment content, place-based media, and credit card payment for taxi passengers. Our latest product, Sedan Magic, is launching soon.
Based in Alexandria, VA and part of the Washington DC startup community, RideCharge is a well-funded mobile software company with over $20M in funding from strategic and financial investors. Our growing team of over thirty full-time employees is dedicated to revolutionizing the travel industry, while building a great, lasting company in the process. We work hard and have fun together. New team members have the opportunity to contribute ideas and efforts that decide the future success of the company. We are building a diverse, high-performance team dedicated to revolutionizing local travel and making life easier. For more information please visit taximagic.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + Stock Options + 401(k) with company match
- Semi-flexible hours
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 8 holidays
- Health insurance + Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dependent Care FSA Plan + Long Term Disability insurance
- Regularly catered lunches + Free beverages + Happy Hours (sponsored by Heineken)
- Startup office environment (casual dress, canine co-workers, ping pong, etc.)
Please share your resume and cover letter with us using the Apply option below and we will take it from there. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis. Due to the large number of responses, replies will only be sent to candidates selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
Copyright Notice: This content has been copyrighted. To request permission to syndicate this content visit https://www.sortiq.com/feedback.