Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
Title: Marketing Director – Financial Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Industry Markets
Direct Reports: none
Location: New York or Chicago
Description: The Marketing Director Financial Services will build and manage programs that drive demand for Savvis services. The director will evaluate and develop a thorough understanding of customer needs, competitive environment and business opportunities segmenting the messaging and prioritizing the prospects. The Director will strategize and evangelize Savvis’ technology solutions externally through complex planning and extensive sales promotion and promote the organization internally to key stakeholders and internal publics.
Position Objectives: Create and manage prospect communication and sales promotion to top clients, moving them through the pipeline to closure. Develop a plan to continue communication with clients post close. Consistently provide top-of-mind concepts working with corporate communications and public relations providing synergy with practice area capabilities and messaging.
- Build an in-depth sales and marketing promotional strategy by developing a plan that aligns to the customers’ pain points and continues to deliver critical selling messages as the prospect moves through the sales cycle.
- Perform both business and product analysis, documenting strengths and weaknesses and methods of positioning. Develop and refine competitive client profiles.
- Deliver insightful and actionable data regarding identified target markets and customers, to assist stakeholders – in particular, Managing Director, Financial Services - in defining compelling propositions and associated marketing strategies that meet customer needs and are clearly differentiated from our competitors.
- Implement service launches and integrated campaigns. Work with agencies and internal marketing resources to develop and deploy content related to service launches and demand generation campaigns.
- Work with strategic vendor partners to develop and launch co-marketing programs
- Collaborate with sales teams to ensure accurate understanding of customer and competitor trends. Develop tactics to counter competitive threats.
- Develop a clear list of clients understanding the target audiences, their needs, and their business issues to create materials that will aid in delivering messages and value propositions.
- Work with key customers, prospects and sales teams to develop a deep understanding of customer needs, and translate those needs into business opportunities. Develop and execute successful tactical product marketing initiatives
- Build a library of marketing assets that can be accessed for team use. Comprehensive sales and positioning materials (whitepapers, case studies, Q&A documents, webcasts and seminars) to enable the rest of the organization to effectively approach all markets and to position Savvis as a thought leader in the space.
- Participate in sales calls and customer facing activity as needed.
- Eight to ten years marketing and communications experience with five years of IT industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial services marketing. Demonstrable depth of knowledge of the Financial Markets – market conventions & terminology, key participants, industry forums, Savvis’ competitive landscape, etc
- Ability to identify potential solutions that solve customers’ business problems
- Proven ability to develop and deliver successful marketing strategies and tactics that differentiate a solution’s value and enables a sales force to execute.
- Demonstrable depth of knowledge in the Financial Services industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional teams to meet company objectives.
- Enjoys working with customers and external audiences.
- Strong teaming skills works well across complex organizations and drives execution through collaboration and networking.
- Entrepreneurial: Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and is excited by the chance to play a large and strategic role.
- Innovative and forward thinking.
- Passionate, self-motivated and results orientated with the desire to perform every day without needing external motivation.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- MBA preferred.
SAVVIS Inc. - 8 months ago