department has an excellent opportunity for the newly created position of
Marketing Manager – Litigation
office. Reporting to the Business Development & Marketing Manager for the Litigation Practice Group, this position will be a point of contact of marketing activity related to the Litigation Practice Group and an integral part of the Business Development & Marketing team for the Litigation Practice Group, as well as the Marketing Department as a whole. The role will demand extremely high levels of attention to detail and internal client service. It is a hands-on role with the ability to bring and act on ideas that can yield a strategic impact. Specific duties include the following:
- Fostering and participating in the development and implementation of strategic practice group plans.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of the market for legal services in litigation as a whole nationwide, and in particular within the financial services industry, including business trends, hot topics and competitive landscape, applying this knowledge to maximize the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Support Litigation Practice Group RFP/pitch opportunities including the creation of customized materials and sharing best practices in the Marketing Department's knowledgebase.
- Stay abreast of client news and business issue trends in order to suggest opportunities and approaches for client expansion or market penetration. In tandem with the Competitive & Market Intelligence team, conduct research on such targets as needed. Create development activity reports. Participate in relevant team meetings to plan strategic marketing approaches.
- Plan and execute group marketing events from start to follow up such as webinars, conferences, speaking engagements, sponsorships and other client events.
- Work closely with the Public Relations & Communications team to identify and leverage media opportunities, maintain accurate and effective web content, publish effective and timely client alerts, and prepare submissions to rankings and directories contributing to established goals and objectives.
- Maintain experience database for significant litigation matters.
- Work with other Marketing team members to integrate lateral attorneys.
- Liaise regularly with the Business Development and Marketing team for the Litigation Practice Group, the Marketing Department as a whole, the New York Office, and attorneys and team leaders of the Litigation Practice Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with a minimum of 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Law firm experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Adobe InDesign or other graphic software a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated success strengthening corporate reputations and client relationships. Ability to interact with and influence colleagues, as well as partners across the practice.
- Proven ability to manage major projects, coordinate the use of department resources and involve senior management. Ability to easily distil objectives, create plans for actions, and implement.
- Self-starter who demonstrates creativity and innovation.
Baker & Hostetler LLP - 21 months ago