The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing objectives, managing marketing budgets, and evaluating marketing performance for existing and target affiliate relationships. The position requires working closely with the Affiliate Sales and Marketing teams to ensure revenue and product goals are well supported. This position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing.
The candidate will collaborate with the Affiliate Sales team to build relationships through innovative marketing tactics, promotions, and events. He/She will design and implement marketing initiatives to achieve overall distribution and company goals that align with the brand. In addition, this role will work closely with senior leadership and collaborate across departments such as Creative, Digital, and Legal to optimize cable and satellite distribution relationships for Pac-12 Enterprises.
- Collaborate with senior Marketing and Affiliate leadership to build campaigns to influence target affiliates.
- Partner with Marketing Research to develop compelling case studies, identify trends and opportunities for leveraging affiliate partnerships and positioning the Pac-12 brand.
- Work with Programming to develop strategic sponsorship opportunities/programming events according to calendar and client needs locally and nationally
- Manage affiliate related promotional activities, including contests, watch-and-wins, and other related incentives to promote consumer engagement.
- Work closely with the creative team on promotional initiatives for Affiliate Advertising Sales, Programming, and Marketing.
- Create, develop and maintain promotions across existing MSO partnerships.
- Work in conjunction with Affiliate Sales to create, develop, and maintain local sales promotions with the purpose of driving ratings and revenue.
- Allocate budget and campaign resources, and plan and execute marketing activities to target budget and timeline.
- Develop Program and Event Promotional opportunities in a multi-platform environment (on-air, digital, out of home, social media, etc.).
- Interface with Affiliate Sales and Sponsorship to capture requirements and follow-through on effective marketing and promotional programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Marketing.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing communications.
- Proven ability to write and contribute to compelling marketing materials (strong writing skills and graphical sense are a must).
- Proven ability to create effective marketing campaigns using print, online and email formats.
- Proven ability to supervise and develop a high-performing team.
- Passion for sports preferred.
- Knowledge of college athletics preferred.
- Must have a collaborative attitude and work well across multiple departments.
- Experience in sports television preferred. Experience working directly with the broadcast network affiliate relations representative helpful.
- Must have understanding of the broadcast affiliate business model and monetization.
- Superior analytical skills; ability to interpret numbers and research into meaningful conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to influence change and manage deadlines and priorities across organizations.
- Detail-oriented and able to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Pac-12 Enterprises - 18 months ago