The Marketing Manager position offers an opportunity for you to join the Vertical Marketing team and grow your career with Capella in the growing and dynamic market of Business/Information Technology. Under the direction of the Sr. Marketing Manager, this individual will be responsible for product positioning, and planning/executing integrated go-to market activities in the market. Candidate must be willing to take initiative, have strong communication and relationship-building skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment where cross-functional leadership is a key to solving complex problems.
The Marketing Manager will operate within the Business and Information Technology market and will be responsible for the execution of strategic plan(s) that positively impact Capella’s competitive position, market value proposition, and meet/exceed annual operating plan goals. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquiring, tracking, and understanding primary and secondary market information, including competitive intelligence, to help identify market insights and trends
- Developing and executing marketing plans that drive brand awareness and acquisition in the targeted professions within a defined budget
- Defining and developing go-to-market opportunities for new and existing products
- Providing profession-specific marketing leadership for activities that include, but are not limited to: content development and quality assurance for web sites and university guides, IT-specific lead generation activities, training materials for Enrollment Services and Advising, social media, trade show presence and materials, etc.
- Providing profession-specific input to the university marketing functions that design, develop and execution brand creative/messages and media
- Partnering with the School of Business and Technology Market Team to drive market plan goals and results
The successful candidate will have extensive experience supporting both the marketing and development of products and services, with an understanding of internal processes, target market definition, product design and positioning, pricing, promotional strategies, data collection and reporting requirements strongly preferred.
5+ years of service/product management and marketing is required.
Bachelors degree is required; Masters degree and/or extensive experience in the education or IT industry is strongly preferred.
Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, excellent project management skills, and a keen eye to detail are required.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...