The Manager of Marketing is a strong critical thinker who reviews all CTU creative for alignment to business needs. He or she is responsible to provide oversight and support of CTU online and ground schools to ensure that their marketing/advertising efforts are generating the desired results. This position manages the internal creative department and works with vendors to ensure all departments within CTU (EAC, Social Media, Brand, Admissions, etc.) are complying with brand standards and all creative projects are managed to best concept, cost efficiency and timely production.
- Responsible for maintaining brand standards throughout all pieces developed by CTU including their departments.
- Oversee the development of creative strategy and all supporting materials, both digital and print.
- Ensure agreement and participation by all CTU departments on marketing sign-off on all new projects.
- Restructure the creative department process to solve for siloed communications and asset availability
- Develop creative department as resource for all compliance needs and back up.
- Responsible for relaying communication about latest projects in the creative department via monthly reports.
- Prioritizes projects and directs designers on strategy.
- Reviews all Creative Briefs and modifies as needed.
- Responsible for billing and communication to vendors and CTU department
- Directs and collaborates with internal designers and vendors on creative pieces.
- Ensure flow of projects are timely and within budget
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Ability to think strategically and understand the “big picture” before the details
- Delivers a design approach that is strategic and that understands the business goals and desires at hand, transforming those into powerful, functional design
- Problem solve design issues as they arise with a strategic approach, keeping business goals at the forefront
- Ability to pitch new creative and design - to influence, convince, and lead based on personal skills and experience including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and staff simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and review creative execution for strategic messaging and effectiveness.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within budget, on schedule, and to client specification / satisfaction.
- Ability to hire, train, motivate, and evaluate designers as needed.
- Ability to develop and administer policies, processes, and procedures that are practical, efficient, and cost effective.
- Performs a variety of creative tasks from editing to managing digital creative production.
- Requires an undergraduate degree with at least 5 years of experience in the education vertical.
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in in the education vertical and the creative field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
Understand brand as well as direct response concepts. Strong knowledge of copywriting, design, digital and print production.
Colorado Technical University - 17 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...