Marketing Manager, Daily Living Beauty/Seasonal (Job Number: 011271) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for the overall marketing strategy and activation plans that support business unit growth and profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens products and services through unique and competitive positioning and execution.
- Develops strategic marketing plans to ensure the attainment of business unit objectives; increased brand recognition; and enhanced market position.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Services team and other corporate shared service teams to develop and execute marketing plans to include, but not be limited to advertising campaigns, promotional programs, public relations activities, event strategies, online marketing programs, in-store marketing events, or mass media such as television and radio programs.
- Creates unique and differentiated value propositions and crafts messaging tailored to various customer and channel segments.
- Develops and executes programs to drive optimal customer satisfaction, interaction and loyalty.
- Establishes metrics and measurement plans to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction.
- Maintains a deep and thorough knowledge of products and services, business models, operations, competition, and the industry.
- Defines marketplace and customer research needs, priorities and scope; analyzes results and determines actionable takeaways; and makes recommendations to business partners to enhance product/service offerings and/or enhance the customer experience.
- Develops and manages business unit marketing budgets.
- Collaborates with Operations to develop communications programs aimed at enabling local activation of marketing programs and improving employee awareness and compliance.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of experience OR a High School Diploma and at least 10 years of experience
- At least 3 years of experience with marketing project management
- At least 3 years of experience presenting and reporting on marketing project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, managing teams across business units, and collaborating with internal resources, external resources to develop strategies, developing and delivering presentations, and communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets)
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions)
- Experience managing teams across business units
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- At least 5 years of experience in strategic marketing, product marketing, or retail marketing.
Walgreens - 21 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...