The Associate Project Manager is responsible for managing small to medium-scale Marketing Operations projects (including communication, operational and technical projects) and ensuring that all projects are aligned with Capella’s strategic priorities as well as its brand and communication strategy. The Associate Project Manager will work with various functional areas to define objectives, assess project requirements, define timelines, coordinate schedules, communicate project updates, and engage appropriate teams (both internal and external resources) to ensure that goals are accomplished on time, on budget and in line with business objectives, quality and integrity parameters. The Associate Project Manager will work with business stakeholders to define the requirements and scope of projects and is responsible for facilitating and coordinating project deliverables.
The Associate Project Manager works with a wide variety of audiences across Capella University, including but not limited to Marketing, Markets & Products, Learner Support, Enrollment Services and Advising, Faculty, Alliances, IT and Analytics.
- The Associate Project Manager will work with business sponsors/stakeholders on approved projects to determine goals/requirements, scope, and timeline needed to facilitate and coordinate project deliverables.
- This role will create and maintain project plans specifying goals, strategy, and staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, and contingency plans.
- Interface with vendors and project team to verify that there is a clear understanding of project outcomes and timelines. Projects may be specific to a department with some cross-functionality.
- Managing the day-to-day details of the project including the plan, schedule, resources, task assignments, scope, issues and risks. Track progress and monitor all development activities.
- Facilitating project meetings. Brief the project team on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback, and input from the team on project planning and execution.
- Adhering to project methodology including proper documentation as well as the original plan, any working papers, status reports, meeting minutes, issue logs and any other documentation related to the management and administration of the project.
- Coordinating production support & maintenance activities, including launch planning.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of direct project management experience, preferably in a fast-paced work environment.
- Industry experience in higher education would be a very significant plus.
- Ability to use Project Software/tools (SharePoint, MS Project, Basecamp, etc.) to track and manage tasks, resources and project costs.
- Able to prioritize tasks, organize information and manage projects to time and budget goals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Is detailed-oriented and able to effectively multi-task.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in an autonomous environment.
- Experience in formal project delivery methodologies preferred.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 23 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...