From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The Marketing Representative is responsible for the implementation of and the marketing of the organization’s service, while establishing and maintaining customer partner relationships. Systematic, daily initiation and maintenance of contacts in the medical community and other related prospects. Responsible for the execution of marketing and sales strategies to develop and expand the reputation of Rural/Metro within the health care industry.
This position will be focused in the South Denver/Colorado Springs areas.
- Assists in the identification of potential growth opportunities in the service area.
- Actively participates in the bid process for new contracts, including identifying new contracts coming out for bid.
- Works as project manager for the proposal process for requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Builds and maintains relationships with current and potential client facility personnel.
- Communicates marketing feedback to the operational field staff in an effort to improve Rural/Metro's services.
- Regularly attends client sponsored events to promote the Rural/Metro name and show support for client facilities in the market.
- Recognizes and assists in the implementation of marketing strategies to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Oversees service delivery within the division and monitors the financial outcome of market contracts.
- Assists in identifying operational needs and helps in the creation of facility action plans to improve service levels.
- Assists in the distribution and collection of market surveys on current and new service concepts.
- Effectively communicates marketing campaigns and market development endeavors to Rural/Metro employees.
- E stablishes and maintains a professional and proactive rapport with all appropriate managers, local vendors, governmental agencies/contacts and employees to accomplish regional and corporate objectives.
- Formulates reports for Management and performs a variety of administrative tasks.
- Keeps a calendar on contract expirations, renewals, and the execution of new contracts.
- Keeps up to date on all paperwork related to patient care and patient transfers.
- Maintains a marketing database to produce regularly scheduled reports to guarantee accurate compilation of data.
- Meets with the Management Team on a regular basis to review major activities, issues, and progress toward objectives.
- Participates in cross-functional teamwork designed to produce optimal solutions to the Rural/Metro clients and customers.
- Stays current on billing requirements for insurance.
- Assists the Management Team with the resolution of customer inquiries/complaints and aids in maintaining positive relationships with contracted client facilities.
- Maintains positive communication with all agencies and customers (both internal and external) served by the Communications Center.
- Interacts with the Clinical department to ensure our emergency medical providers are maintaining the high degree of quality care.
- Interfaces with employees from all areas of the company to identify potential marketing opportunities and report these to the Division General Manager with recommended actions.
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to any mandatory Company training.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings, continuing education sessions, or other required attendance programs.
- Minimum 4 years experience in sales or marketing administration, preferably in the area of healthcare operations, contract services, and/or customer services.
- Customer service in a healthcare provider setting is required.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have reliable local transportation for customer site visits.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Preference to BS/BA degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.