Marketing Representative - Northeast
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Participate in daily, monthly, and term marketing and optimization of Northeast asset portfolio
- Responsible for developing short and long term strategy for Northeast markets. Understand all production, transportation options, and the Northeast pipeline grid. This includes evaluation of opportunities on target pipelines to ensure reliable gas flow and increased netback.
- Back up on other trading desks as needed
- Prepare and publish weekly reports on trading activity
- Input deals into system of record
- Assist with Business Development activities, attend industry events, and travel to meet with customers as needed
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Business related major or Engineering
- 3 – 5 years experience in the natural gas marketing industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self motivated with abilities to quickly prioritize multiple priorities
- Ability and willingness to learn in an open fast paced environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
SouthWestern Energy Company - 10 months ago