The Analytics Manager/Sr. Manager participates actively in Genentech’s commercial planning efforts by providing unbiased, objective quantitative data analyses to address critical business issues and to support strategic decision making for the company. The Analytics Manager will utilize advanced analytical techniques to: 1) Increase understanding of effectiveness/ROI of all promotional efforts including sales force; 2) Mine and analyze longitudinal patient-level data to generate hypotheses for brand teams and to inform primary market research; and 3) Measure the impact of business unit and multi-product initiatives on product specific performance. The Analytics Manager/Sr. Manager has a broad understanding of pharmaceutical data, including sales and claims data, and which source to leverage in order to answer business questions most effectively. He/she works with MA&S and Brand team colleagues to understand business objectives and to apply analytics for marketing projects. The Analytics Manager/Sr. Manager conducts critical analyses by integrating multiple data sources to provide an objective viewpoint and recommendations to the Commercial organization. He/she utilizes SAS and advanced statistical techniques to:
1. Develop and implement standard ROI principles and analyses and present results to marketing teams (20%)
2. Develop and implement analyses for field force promotion, including customer segmentation, targeting, and promotional response measurements (20%)
3. Make recommendations to brands and other stakeholders on the effectiveness of different marketing tactics (10%)
4. Generalize approach to measuring common programs across the business unit (10%)
5. Establish and maintain data and approaches to measuring tactic interactions and cross-product impact (10%)
6. Partner effectively and collaborate with other MA&S colleagues to provide holistic analytical insight (10%)
7. Develop Marketing Mix models to optimize marketing spends. Create process for effective monitoring and decision making of marketing spends (10%)
8. Represent brand-specific MS approaches and customizations to the broader team to ensure consistency in MS across the portfolio; learn from others, and proactively share and seek out advice on approaches to complex MS situations (10%)
Who you are
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in
bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- Master's or PhD degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field is required.
- At least three years analytical experience, preferably within pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Proficiency in analytical tools is required (e.g., SAS, SPSS, or SQL)
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Excellent problem solving and Excel-based modeling skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
- Experience with secondary data: syndicated sales, promotional & marketing data, longitudinal patient-level data, payer data. Additional knowledge of primary market research or medical research data is a plus
- Experience using patient level data (medical/retail claims) to analyze treatment/usage patterns
- Experience with field force analytics, including customer segmentation, targeting, and promotional response measurements
- Experience using medical/retail claims data to analyze treatment/usage patterns
- Experience working with or in marketing
- Experience doing marketing analytics, knowledge of emarketing analytics is a plus
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques such as experimental design, CHAID, uncertainty analysis, data mining, segmentation methods, multivariate regression, construction of score-cards, or predictive modeling
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...