Job Title: Marketing Sr Manager--Brand Marketing
Job ID: 320502
Location: Plano, Texas
Email to Friend
Save Job Apply Now
No Thanks Return to Previous Page
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Sr. Manager – Brand Marketing
JCPenney Company, Inc.
The Sr. Manager – Brand Marketing drives the development, implementation and analysis of Marketing projects, programs, strategies and activities which support achievement of sales and profit objectives of the company’s private brands; provides counsel and assistance on related matters, and ensures the effective communication of programs. Position reports to Marketing Director.
• Manages the development and implementation of integrated marketing plans across the brands.
• Establishes or assists in establishing brand communication strategy, prepares the creative briefs, communication & messaging of campaigns, as well as managing multiple agencies to ensure consistency.
• Manages all elements of assigned projects and programs to ensure exemplary execution and project implementation, budgeting, estimating, expense control, scheduling and meeting of due dates.
• Evaluates or ensures the evaluation of programs and activities for the most efficient utilization of cross-functional resources.
• Counsels associates at senior management levels on the development, implementation, operation and analyses of programs. When appropriate, disseminates new techniques, and approaches to Company management.
• Monitors the measurement and results of programs as assigned.
• Recommends continuation, revision or elimination of programs to ensure program effectiveness.
• Manages the design and development of effective communication vehicles for programs.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing; MBA or graduate training in management preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible business experience in consumer categories is required with an agency account service background.
• Experience with both brand strategy development and advertising communication execution of programs is required. Integrated marketing experience a plus.
• Analytic mindset; experience leveraging consumer insights into actionable plans.
• Strong project management experience; hands on experience managing day-to-day strategy, planning and execution.
• Leadership experience managing teams and proven track record of training and leading a staff who provides sophisticated services to the company.
• Proven ability to interface effectively and comfortably with associates at all levels of the organization utilizing project management ability and the aptitude to work with and negotiate with other departments.
• Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to jcpenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...