Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Marketing Sr. Specialist – Systems Operations
JC Penney Company, Inc.
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself: fair and square. Today, rooted in its rich heritage, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America’s favorite store. The Company is transforming the way it does business and remaking the customer experience across its 1,100 jcpenney stores and on jcp.com.
The Marketing Sr. Specialist – Systems Operations will coordinate and support associates regarding the operation of department personal computer (PC) and mainframe based systems to ensure that accurate and timely data input and systems output facilitate the use of databases for all levels of department management
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Supports internal department users, and other department users, in the understanding of business process and operation of PC and mainframe based systems; provides input to the design, development, volume testing and installation of new systems and enhancements to existing systems, including the department's web site where assigned.
- Evaluates end user training needs, assists in the development of training materials and procedural manuals and conducts training on PC and mainframe applications as necessary.
- Installs, de-installs, relocates, and ensures operation of Local Area Network (LAN) attached systems and data processing equipment located in the department.
- Develops expertise in the understanding of the functional operation of systems to interpret reports and ensure liaison to all systems users, as needed.
- Provides response to internal department systems users on all matters relating to systems, security, office logistics and procedural issues.
- Monitors, audits, and tests operating effectiveness of systems with ongoing input from the systems users and ensures that any programming or operational flaws are detected and corrected, with reasonable steps taken to prevent recurrences.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of information within systems including the timely data entry and communication of departmental information.
- Supports the development of system enhancements as required.
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide. For your flawless and impeccable support we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical/dental, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, and a merchandise discount plan to jcpenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, on-site childcare, etc. Come be a part of the transformation and make your own runway!
- College degree or equivalent business experience required. A major in computer science preferred.
- Experience: 2 – 5 years of department systems experience.
- High aptitude for systems and advanced computer skills.
- Demonstrates ability to train and assist users.
- Thorough understanding of company systems, organizing work, decision-making, and communication skills.
J. C. Penney - 2 years ago