Jobs for the Future develops, implements, and promotes new education and workforce strategies that help communities, states, and the nation compete in a global economy. In more than 200 communities across 43 states, JFF improves the pathways leading from high school to college to family-sustaining careers.
About the Position
The Director of Marketing Communications is a new senior team position and reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications. The position works closely with the Vice President in developing and implementing new marketing and communications strategies to meet organizational objectives. He/she will be responsible for the execution of marketing communications plans in support of JFF programs and services, management of print and digital communications, coordination of media relations, and oversight of creative services.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans in support of JFF fee-based services
- Provide marketing counsel and advice to senior management and staff
- Conduct market research in support of JFF business planning
- Assist the Vice President of Marketing and Communications in management of the JFF branding strategy
- Manage additional marketing activities as assigned
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications plans in support of JFF grant and contract-funded programs, as well as associated publications and events
- Forge solid relationships with relevant media, and work to maximize coverage of JFF’s programs and services
- Manage the execution of effective print communications, including marketing collateral, publications, and newsletters
- Maximize the effectiveness and impact of the JFF website by overseeing content development and design enhancements, as well as development of web-based services and tools
- Oversee the development and execution of social media strategies
- Manage additional communications activities as assigned
- Oversee the effective execution of print and web-based creative services
- Work to ensure that the creative needs of internal clients are exceeded and manage relationships, as needed
- Supervise and coach the Public Relations Specialist and Graphic Designer
- Lead cross-departmental teams, as assigned
- Manage the effective use of department resources, ensuring compliance with program and services budgets
- Work with the Vice President in the development and management of the department budget
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant professional experience (10+ years) in marketing and communications, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated command of both marketing and communications tactics and an ability to integrate them to maximize impact.
- Experience in brand development, implementation and management.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of management.
- Excellent writing ability, and experience developing written content for a wide variety of communications activities.
- Strong marketing planning skills, including experience in market research, audience segmentation, and campaign organization
- Experience in the effective use of social media.
- B.A. in public relations, communications, marketing or related field. Masters preferred.
Jobs for the Future - 2 years ago