POSITION INFORMATION: PART TIME - CONTRACT
DUTY LOCATIONS: 3 vacancy(s) in the following locations:
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Recent Graduates or VA Licensed Massage Therpists
WHY IS THE SPIRIT MASSAGE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK? You've studied to create a career based on talent, integrity and dedication. Those are the same qualities that can help America achieve more. Whether you're looking for new opportunities because your family has grown, you're looking for new challenges or want your career to have a real impact, consider a career with an employer who will work with you as your life changes.
WHAT DOES A SMB THERAPIST DO? A Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) works customer support provides stress reduction resolutions to clients who need advice, assistance, and training in applying massage techniques. Much of this work involves resolving difficult and complex problems, some unique to a single client or organization, while others are more repetitive or similar to issues that have been handled and resolved before within the organizational component. As a SMB therapist you will find that each day brings many new and exciting challenges, you will be exposed to different cultures and work environments. SMB Therapist(s) share a unique opportunity to provide seated chair massage on a weekly or monthly basis to a host of companies for group events –OR- provide full body table massage services at our office location or at a client’s home.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER SPIRIT MASSAGE & BODYWORK CAREERS? If you want to find out more about careers, visit us on the web at spiritmassage.com
As a Massage Therapist you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to customers; have the client fill out a form which outlines any current health problems or areas of concern.
- Prepare treatment room for session.
- Review, validate, and evaluate contraindications for massage from client intake form.
- Provide clients personalized therapeutic services based on current health condition; respect the client's privacy, drape client before the massage begins, and communicate with the client so as to not use too much pressure and to specifically work on areas of the body that the client requests
- Evaluate and report about what kind of massage was done and any specific areas of the body that needed attention
QUALIFICATIONS/ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: You must meet the following eligibility and basic qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- Liability Insurance
- VA Board of Nursing – Massage License
- Current NCBTMB Certification
- 500 -750 Contact Hours from ACE Accredited Massage School
We offer a workplace that values people. SMB will help you reach your personal goals by supporting your professional growth, health, and well-being. As an independent contractor, you know the great benefits we offer. Should you have any questions about benefits, please contact the Human Resources at 1-877-987-3529 option #707
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Visit spiritmassage.com.
2. Click "FLASH"
3. Click "Therapists", on the Home page.
4. Click "Get Started Here” and complete the Independent Contractor Application
5. Enter key and Click "Submit" to send application
6. Email your Resume
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education for training or experience, submit a copy of your transcripts, resume, or equivalent NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTATION BY 11:59 P.M. ET ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Spirit Massage & Bodywork
Phone: 1-877-987-3529 Option 704