Posting Job Title: Master Control Operator (PT) – YNN Austin
Requisition #: 142037BR
Posting Location: United States - Texas - Austin
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Network Television Production
Cable Television Production
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description:
This position will be responsible for the proper execution of master control tasks including feed transmissions, recording, and assisting with the production of all live and breaking news events. Ensures air quality audio for anchors, guests, and live shots.
This position is part-time, benefited.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In Master Control
In Control Room
- Insures proper execution of master control tasks including supervision of on-air automation systems.
- Cablecasting on-air elements, packages and live shows through Master Control.
- Quality control of in-coming and out-going product.
- Assists in the production of all live and breaking news events.
- Notifies supervisors and support staff when news channel is experiencing technical difficulties.
- Prepares and completes discrepancy reports when problems occur.
- Ensures all air quality audio for anchors, guests, lives shots and phoners.
- Operates robotic cameras.
- Queues music effects.
- Assists Technical Director in digitizing leads and tags.
- Assists Technical Director in reviewing stories to meet editorial guidelines.
- Relieve master control operator.
- Cross train as Technical Direct to provide fill-in coverage as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- One to three years of television production experience.
- Must be experienced in live and taped multi-source television production.
- Experience with computerized automation and news systems preferred.
- Flexibility to work shifts and schedules including morning, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Technical Director skills a plus.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment.
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWAUS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00347 - Austin Colorado
Time Warner Cable - 24 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...