Posting Job Title: Master Control Operator, PT - News 14 Raleigh
Requisition #: 146497BR
Posting Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the execution of video and audio transmission, recording various news elements, and performing quality control for the incoming and outgoing news product.
This is a part-time, benefited position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
difficulties. Prepares and completes a daily discrepancy report when problems occur.
- Ensures proper execution of master control tasks including supervision of on-air automation systems.
- Coordinates, tunes in and receives all transmitting signals from live trucks, satellites, fiber-optic, land lines, etc.
- Cable casting and/or digitizing of on-air elements and live shows through master control.
- Quality control of incoming and outgoing product.
- Will ingest feeds from bureaus. Assists in the production of all live and breaking news events, and severe weather segments. Will record live weathers to tape.
- Will operate backup systems during on air failures.
- Cross train in various News Production Job Groups to provide fill-in coverage as needed.
- Notifies supervisors and support staff when news channels are experiencing technical
- Will assist Technical director as an Audio Operator, during clip and live show production. Will mainly be used for fill-in and vacation relief.
- Must be willing to make independent decisions during severe weather coverage, and during technical outages.
- Will provide timing information for meteorologists, control room staff, and remote talent when it comes to live segments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in television production or a related field.
- 1-3 years television production experience preferred.
- Experience with audio boards, robotic cameras, lighting, and other news systems preferred.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWCAR - Local News Carolinas
Controlling Establishment ID: 00232 - Raleigh Atlantic Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...