Responsible for the supervision and training of Youth Counselor/Teachers within groups to establish a balanced therapeutic and educational program. Also, responsible for the awareness of the program operation and is ready to assume any duties or responsibilities necessary to ensure successful operation of the group or program.
• Supervise, direct and evaluate the work of Youth Counselor/Teacher and Senior Youth Counselor/Teacher subordinates and be considered within client/ staff ratio as needed.
• Interview and select applicants for Youth Counselor/Teacher positions in collaboration with immediate supervisor.
• Ensure that group schedule and program activities are appropriate and reflect both educational and therapeutic content and are accomplished in a productive manner and instills a sense of accomplishment within the individual members.
• Assist in the maintenance of a therapeutic working relationship between the direct care staff and education staff.
• Coordinate and oversee ongoing Youth Counselor/Teacher training plan. Ensure documentation and training files are properly maintained.
• Supervise the development of and the implementation of chores, and sanitation procedures.
• Supervise the periodic client clothing inventory and arrange for the clothing needs to be met either by the client families or Eckerd program.
• Conduct safety checks to ensure safe surroundings for youth and staff at the program at frequency defined by Leadership Team.
• Inspect and inventory program equipment and materials at a designated time frame and arrange for its repair or replacement as indicated to ensure its serviceability.
• Supervise therapeutic outings (day, extended) and ensure planning and preparation.
• Ensure execution of evidenced based models by Youth Counselor/Teachers.
• Demonstrate both sensitivity and responsiveness to the cultural differences within the client and staff population.
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete documentation of all incidents and restraint events.
• May oversee in the self administration of medications required by youth in care pursuant to Eckerd policy on Medication Administration.
High School diploma required, bachelor’s degree in human services or related field preferred. Three years of experience with an at-risk youth population, and one year of supervisory experience required.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...