Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for coordinating and planning the alignment for produce, materials and ingredients between the corporate Supply Planner, the Plant Finite Production Scheduler and Corporate Procurement. The position will ensure the sales and produce forecasts are communicated and incorporated into the planning process to ensure produce and materials are available and economically utilized in the annual production plan implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
Day to day responsibilities and tasks of the position
- Manage the mid term planning and forecasting process with the supply planning, production scheduling and procurement managers.
- Utilize available tools to improve planning and forecast accuracy.
- Coordinate with the Supply Planner and Procurement Agricultural Department to develop the Pickle Tanking Plan for the season.
- Develop the Master Requirement Schedule for long lead time materials such as glass and caps and provide to company vendors.
- In conjunction with the Supply Planner and the Plant Production Scheduler, develop and provide annual production plans and periodic revised estimates to the plant department managers and to corporate finance.
- Develop plan to economically use the projected crop volume sizing as primary and alternate produce to achieve the projected annual production plan.
- Use the system and available software tools to assist with the management of the production plan.
- Ensure data maintained in the integrated resource planning systems is updated for corporate and plant department managers to retrieve information for the short and long term management of the financial and inventory control systems.
- Participate in weekly collaboration conference calls between sales, inventory and production planners to improve the forecasting processes and to communicate key product information across the business.
- Coordinate with the Inventory Deployment Planner to review inventory levels and warehouse capacity, initiate and coordinate necessary product movements to prevent out of stocks and out of date issues as well as overstock/warehouse capacity issues.
- Assist with the development and enhancement of inventory forecasting and inventory management tools.
- Conduct SKU management analysis to help identify products that are under and over performing. Provide data to business unit and leadership to aid in decision making.
This position provides indirect supervision and management to the mid term planning for produce, prime materials and inventory control management processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines within a changing fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to blend project work and task work.
- Ability to see the “big picture” with systems and process thinking.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Desire to create “new and better” in Demand Planning and Supply Chain.
- Business-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Effective Communication Skills both oral and written
- Ability to manage execution
- Must have focus on stakeholders
- Must be able to promote collaboration and teamwork
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Have good analytical skills
- Must be able to make complex decisions – Make the call
- solving problems
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting techniques and modeling.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistics.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- financial acumen
- Professional experience within food or commodity consumer products industry 3-5 years prior
- Enterprise Resource Demand Planning
- Manufacturing Planning Systems Plant manufacturing
- People and Processes Management Leadership
- Production/Inventory Planning
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.S. degree in marketing, mathematics, statistics, supply chain, operations management, or industrial engineering preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
Monster - 15 months ago