Who We Are:|
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
2. Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
3. Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
4. Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
5. Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
6. Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
7. Reviews warehouse production planning schedule to determine duties for shipping and receiving.
8. Ensures finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
9. Stages and loads finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse and production planning schedule.
10. Coordinates all processed scrap materials at bins and hoppers. Bands and stores materials. Loads trucks as necessary.
11. Conducts inspection of and routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
12. Conducts inspection of materials used for packaging and inspects trailers and air bags.
13. Communicates to management any machine malfunctions.
14. Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
15. Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
16. Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
17. May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot finished cans.
18. Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
19. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
20. Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
21. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
22. Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
23. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
24. Works under general supervision.
25. Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
26. Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
27. Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 1 year minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: forklift maintenance and operation; rules and regulations for handling batteries or LP gas tanks; nomenclature of assigned equipment.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard material handling techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ball Aerospace - 16 months ago