Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks within the storage facility.
Working from general procedures and instructions, the Material Handler will execute transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for performing department processes and safely operating equipment to complete duties.
Scope and Accountability:
- Material Handlers must ensure timeliness; packaging, routing, and systems work is completed accurately and timely
- Ensure safe work environment
- Participates in stand up activities with cross functional teams
- Participate and direct team in Lean Warehousing system on the floor
- Completes tasks by following pre-established procedures
- Follows detailed and defined instructions
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position
- Must be flexible in "timely" transactions when moved to different work areas throughout the day
- Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations
- Must be able to adhere to productivity goals
Completes routine, repetitive, and/or standardized tasks; emphasis is typically on manual skills. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the positions. Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations.
:. HS Diploma, or equivalent.
- Individual must be able to read and comprehend English to understand work instructions and must have the ability to work well with others with little supervision.
- Must have experience in operating material handling equipment and using a RF gun.
- Must portray personal accountability.
- Must have team orientation and portray a commitment to task(s).
: 1-2 years experience in warehouse environment preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand or walk for extended periods of time, use hand and fingers to handle or feel tools or equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and see color. Must be capable to understand and follow procedures for loading of trucks. The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a warehouse environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and warehouse equipment. May require extended hours in order to meet customer's needs.
: The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a light industrial environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and industrial equipment.
United States-New Jersey-Dayton
Con-way - 2 years ago
Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading...